CB Kenzo Cotton

Haspula

Set the new state record in the 100. Ran 10.41.

Meaning he now holds all state and state meet records in both the 100 and 200 (which he set last year).

Yes. He won the 200 with about the same time he ran in the prelims.

If he could only ruin go routes all day he'd be an ok fit. Didn't run the other routes for crap last year. Unable to separate on intermediate routes from DBs and doesn't have the best hands. On defense if he had to run with a receiver covering go roots all day he'd be fine. But we know that's not the case. There was a reason he wasn't even honorable mention All State.

This kid could improve leaps and bounds by next fall and I still wouldn't change my tone. Kenzo could be a HELL of a sprinter if he focused full time. His ceiling is so much higher in that sport IMO

I hope just because he's getting BCS offers we don't jump the gun on an offer to him. Absolutely would love to get his speed on the football field, but at this point in time he's a track person who plays football. Maybe we offer him to get him in the program, but I'd rather have football players.

Over on RSS panties are totally in a bunch over Wiscy and KSU offering, saying if we knew what we were doing we'd have offered by now too. Considering all we hear about the kid is what he can do on a track I don't have a problem with getting him into camp and getting a better idea of what he can do on a football field before offering.

I hope just because he's getting BCS offers we don't jump the gun on an offer to him. Absolutely would love to get his speed on the football field, but at this point in time he's a track person who plays football. Maybe we offer him to get him in the program, but I'd rather have football players.

Over on RSS panties are totally in a bunch over Wiscy and KSU offering, saying if we knew what we were doing we'd have offered by now too. Considering all we hear about the kid is what he can do on a track I don't have a problem with getting him into camp and getting a better idea of what he can do on a football field before offering.

Leave it to eveyrone on RSS to get their jimmies rustled about Kenzo not being offerd yet. All of those guys over there know way more about Husker football than any of us h8tr$, especially Sam.

Leave it to eveyrone on RSS to get their jimmies rustled about Kenzo not being offerd yet. All of those guys over there know way more about Husker football than any of us h8tr$, especially Sam.

Thing is it's haters that are going off on this. Same people that would have been up in arms about settling if we offered a local 2* before are now saying the staff is incompetent because Wiscy and KSU have offered and we haven't.

Ya of course there are some sunshine pumpers like Sam and LH over there but there are also plenty of guys that just bitch and take potshots at the program/staff constantly. I'm tired of the crap over there, thinking about quitting rivals and going with 247.

I don't think Gerry has run a 10.41 fat time. His 10.28 was handheld which would be around a 10.6 fat time.

Hand-held times have .24 added to match electronic times. So Gerry ran a 10.52 electronic equivilant. He also weighs 40 lbs more, and is a football player as was said before. Kenzo is not a football player.

Really , he doesnt play football in high school. Thats crazy that Wisky and K-Sucks would offer a guy who doesnt play football...

I don't think Gerry has run a 10.41 fat time. His 10.28 was handheld which would be around a 10.6 fat time.

Hand-held times have .24 added to match electronic times. So Gerry ran a 10.52 electronic equivilant. He also weighs 40 lbs more, and is a football player as was said before. Kenzo is not a football player.

Really , he doesnt play football in high school. Thats crazy that Wisky and K-Sucks would offer a guy who doesnt play football...

Yes Kenzo plays football, I believe he was saying that Gerry is more of a football player running track and Kenzo Cotton is more of a track star playing football.

I would be interested to see if they work him out as a (slot) receiver at camp. If he's got the hands and can run decent routes at this point, I'd rather see his speed on offense. Still not sure if the coaches offer though.