Spring Practice Updates

Likey. Dman I hope he's bustin his ass. And I hope Stanton does the same thing when he gets here in August. I hope they dont just lollygag until Martinez is gone. Push each other will make all 3 better, and, then the competition for 2014 will be really intriguing.

Leading to my next question. Is Armstrong's and/or Stanton's raw athletic ability great enough to warrant a position change for the one who does NOT win the qb battle for 2014-or even into 15? And does anyone think such a thing would happen if so?

Likey. Dman I hope he's bustin his ass. And I hope Stanton does the same thing when he gets here in August. I hope they dont just lollygag until Martinez is gone. Push each other will make all 3 better, and, then the competition for 2014 will be really intriguing.

Leading to my next question. Is Armstrong's and/or Stanton's raw athletic ability great enough to warrant a position change for the one who does NOT win the qb battle for 2014-or even into 15? And does anyone think such a thing would happen if so?

I wouldn't think so. I would almost bet that the guy who doesn't win the starting job transfers. That's just the name of the game.

I wouldn't think so. I would almost bet that the guy who doesn't win the starting job transfers. That's just the name of the game.

I don't think so, if Stanton wins the starting role, then I think Armstrong might change positions but I doubt it. But I really think that Armstrong will win it and then start his soph-senior years and then Stanton will start his last 2 years, HOWEVER I do think that Stanton will get more playing time then all of our backups put together have. I could even see it turning into a Chris Leak Tim Tebow type situation, where Stanton comes in during different situations

Armstrong and Stanton's work ethic and leadership are all I have heard about before they even got here. That continues still for Armstrong, and we will have to wait to see if Stanton still has that, which I am sure he will still have.

Both will have at least two years as a starter, if Armstrong wins the #1 spot next year and the year after. I think the smartest idea, is to have one of them as a backup, whether it be Armstrong or Stanton. I don't think the risk of having one get injured playing another position is worth it. If one of them can't get the hang of the offense, then I would hope we play them elsewhere.

Armstrong and Stanton's work ethic and leadership are all I have heard about before they even got here. That continues still for Armstrong, and we will have to wait to see if Stanton still has that, which I am sure he will still have.

Both will have at least two years as a starter, if Armstrong wins the #1 spot next year and the year after. I think the smartest idea, is to have one of them as a backup, whether it be Armstrong or Stanton. I don't think the risk of having one get injured playing another position is worth it. If one of them can't get the hang of the offense, then I would hope we play them elsewhere.

They are only one year apart. Is this assuming we can finagle a Med Red for Stanton SEC-style?

They are only one year apart. Is this assuming we can finagle a Med Red for Stanton SEC-style?

You are correct, I had my math wrong. I was thinking that Stanton would have two years, if he RS, but thats what I get for posting when I just wake up lol. Either way, I don't see us changing them positions, unless one can't get a grasp on the offense. Like Husker from Kansas stated, we may play them both quite a bit after Stanton's RS year. I don't want to see anything like Northwestern, but name a starter, when we get up in the lead, or when we aren't doing well, switch out.

The more I read about Spring Practice, and I know its still way early, the more excited I get about the 2013 season. The Program that is Nebraska Football is teaching boys how to become men. You can see it in their eyes, the way they talk. I know not a lot it being said to the media, but it's not "I am, I am gonna, I will.." Its "We". The only I that I have seen is "How will I work to the best of my abilities to help the team".

Nebraska's defense is rising to the challenge of Bo Pelini and their expectations, and they may surpass them too. 2013 could/should be a rebirth in my opinion and I would love to be right, of the 1983 Scoring Explosion. The major difference could be a Defense to back it up. Call it what you want. Too much Kool Aid, wishful thinking or whatever. But I am supporting this Cornhusker Team with pride for where they have been, and what they are about to become.

I used to get that way every spring for years and years but have learned to ignore that feeling after too much coach-speak, spring game stars who never see the field in the fall, and bluster from bored journalists. I actually do feel that this year is going to be a really good one, but don't read too much into spring practice reports.

... because I'm cool finagling a Med Red for Stanton SEC-style.

Oh man, Tommy as a Sophomore-Junior-Senior and then Stanton as a Junior-Senior. We'd be set until 2019!

there will be no football in 2019

Just flag? Damn you, Roger Goodell.