Is anyone concerned about LBs bulking up?

You can gain weight and keep speed. I am sure these guys are only gaining 10-15 lbs, and its not going to be a huge difference if there is a speed loss. Courtney Love is huge for a freshman and he is fast! I think he will see a lot of him this season, especially if he understand the defense already.

Not worried at all, as I feel this class has more talent.

Even playing gimpy, Anderson was noticeably faster than Compton/Fisher/Whaley. A few LBS probably won't do a lot of damage.

Just came here to post about him. He was looking really promising as a needed speed burst last year until he went down.

With the newer guys coming up, I'm not nearly as worried about speed as I was last year.

Even playing gimpy, Anderson was noticeably faster than Compton/Fisher/Whaley. A few LBS probably won't do a lot of damage.

Just came here to post about him. He was looking really promising as a needed speed burst last year until he went down.

With the newer guys coming up, I'm not nearly as worried about speed as I was last year.

I do concur....I believe the LB core will be the most talented position group on defense this year.

You need a balance of speed and power. I don't want to see a 215lb LB bouncing off a 245lb RB as much as watching a 235lb LB huffing and puffing trying to catch up to a 195lb RB.

You got to have a mix and balance of what kind of LBs are on your team. In a perfect world, its good to have experienced speedy LBs and bulky hard hitting LBs rotating in and out based on what the offensive is throwing at you.

Be careful what you wish for when wanting a speedy LB, Nothing ticks me off more than watching a fast LB overshoot the play because of his inexperience.