Ranking Big 10 coaches - Bo # 7

This website ranks Bo as the 7th best coach in the Big 10. Again they mention his negative public outbursts - not to be confused with that Rutger's BB coach however.

I don't know what to think. Based on what Bo has accomplished or not accomplished we could look at this as half full or half empty. As the article notes, Bo has won the magical 9 games a year (however I think 11 is the new 9) and has been in a CCG 3 of his 5 years - which is good. But the article alludes to the fact that Bo has the resources available to him at Nebraska that other coaches would drool over - yet we still loose 4 games a year. The paragraph on Bo ends wt the question - "but is Pelini treading water at 9-4 each season or was 2012 a glimpse of more to come?" Good question. I don't know what to expect anymore from Bo's teams for the season and sometime from game to game or half to half within a game. :dunno

Personally, I'm disappointed that NU would have a coach ranked this low in any conference - our tradition & fans deserve better. Granted it is one website's opinion - but the persception cannot be ignored. My hope is that Bo turns it around this year and thereby move up in this type of ranking.

http://www.athlonspo...ll-coaches-2013

Edited by TGHusker

This website ranks Bo as the 7th best coach in the Big 10. Again they mention his negative public outbursts - not to be confused with that Rutger's BB coach however.

I don't know what to think. Based on what Bo has accomplished or not accomplished we could look at this as half full or half empty. As the article notes, Bo has won the magical 9 games a year (however I think 11 is the new 9) and has been in a CCG 3 of his 6 years - which is good. But the article alludes to the fact that Bo has the resources available to him at Nebraska that other coaches would drool over - yet we still loose 4 games a year. The paragraph on Bo ends wt the question - "but is Pelini treading water at 9-4 each season or was 2012 a glimpse of more to come?" Good question. I don't know what to expect anymore from Bo's teams for the season and sometime from game to game or half to half within a game. :dunno

Personally, I'm disappointed that NU would have a coach ranked this low in any conference - our tradition & fans deserve better. Granted it is one website's opinion - but the persception cannot be ignored. My hope is that Bo turns it around this year and thereby move up in this type of ranking.

http://www.athlonspo...ll-coaches-2013

Hopefully after this season he will have some hardware. I strongly believe that the 6 game winning streak was a great run. However it would have been better if it was 8. Either way I am really looking forward to this season.

I don't see Anderson ahead of him at this point and he might be about even with Dantonio.

Also, you said 3 CCG in 6 when it is really 3 in 5.

That's just a crazy stat. Whether or not he has won one, still making the conference championship game 3 times in 5 years is amazing. Maybe this year we get one!!! :power

I don't see Anderson ahead of him at this point and he might be about even with Dantonio.

Also, you said 3 CCG in 6 when it is really 3 in 5.

That's just a crazy stat. Whether or not he has won one, still making the conference championship game 3 times in 5 years is amazing. Maybe this year we get one!!! :power

My hope as well. I'd like us to get over the hump.

Bill O'Brien with one year under his belt and the WI guy who hasn't even coached a B1G game yet are ahead of Bo...this article is nonsense. I like Pat Fitz a lot but I'd still put Dantonio and Ferentz ahead of him.

Seriously? Ferentz? 4-8? Callahan never even got that bad.

I think Bo is about where he should be. Kill is ranked too low. Jury is still out on Anderson but I think he's a great hire and will do well at Wisconsin. I can see why he's in ahead of Bo.

I'd put it more in groups, with Urban at the top, then Fitz, Hoke & Dantonio in the next group, O'Brien, Bo, Anderson and Kill in the next group, and everyone else in the bottom. I"m with TG though, I'm starting to think we could do better (or as many of you will say: worse. but you can't run a business letting that dictate your decisions). It's also why I'm not one of those that's extremely concerned about firing Bo with 9 wins. I think there are a dozen or more coaches out there available to us, that could do more with the Nebraska program than Bo has thus far. He's got everything set up for him to win a championship (with the exception of recruiting). But, a good coach would compensate for that with great recruiters, and Bo hasn't really done that. We've still got people on our staff that don't even recruit (I'm looking at you Cotton). And, he's managed the roster very poorly during his time here which just exaggerates the recruiting disadvantage even more.

• Fire 2
As the article notes, Bo has won the magical 9 games a year (however I think 11 is the new 9)

How so? 110 out of 120 D1 teams are playing one more game than they did 40 years ago. 10 is the new 9.

i even disagree with this. even though it is easier to get to 9 wins than it was 40 years ago, the fact remains that few programs consistently and consecutively hit the 9 win mark. that is what makes it a magically number.