How many yards will Abdullah have next year?

I think it depends some on how good tmart is early on in the season. If early on it looks like he might be able to make a serious heisman push, the coaches may choose to put the ball in tmarts hands more and more and that would take touches away from Abdullah. plus with the emergence of Cross this spring and the two dynamic freshman coming in, in which also will take touches away from Abdullah. I'm guessing around 1200 yards and 11 tds

I think it depends some on how good tmart is early on in the season. If early on it looks like he might be able to make a serious heisman push, the coaches may choose to put the ball in tmarts hands more and more and that would take touches away from Abdullah. plus with the emergence of Cross this spring and the two dynamic freshman coming in, in which also will take touches away from Abdullah. I'm guessing around 1200 yards and 11 tds

I agree, but for a different reason. I think that Martinez will get more carries not to boost his Heisman potential, but in cases like last year where it was up to him carry the team. If we're coasting through games, the coaches will take it out of his hands as the backups are unproven, versus if they pound it with Abdullah and he goes down, there is literally a stable of backs (albeit, somewhat unproven) that will be ready to carry the load.

I agree, but for a different reason. I think that Martinez will get more carries not to boost his Heisman potential, but in cases like last year where it was up to him carry the team. If we're coasting through games, the coaches will take it out of his hands as the backups are unproven, versus if they pound it with Abdullah and he goes down, there is literally a stable of backs (albeit, somewhat unproven) that will be ready to carry the load.

I honestly hope your right, but in the past there have been quite a few times when it would have make sense to pull the starters but they never did. Maybe that will be different this year, I sure hope so

In my opinion, its going to come down to how versatile Newby, Taylor, Cross and Frazier can make our offense behind Abdullah. If at least 2 of these backs can prove themselves as an every down back, I see the ball being out of Abdullah's hands more this year, and actually "using" our weapons. Kind of like what we do in our WR group. If they do become those players, we are going to make defenses make changes quite regularly during a game, and make them prepare for at least 3 RB's, Martinez and our passing threat. This seems to be the way we are going, and I REALLY hope its the case.

If the ball does get distributed more this year, I can see Abdullah getting 1200 rushing yards, and 300 passing yards throughout the season. The other backs could see up to 500 yards if not more a piece, that is if it pans out the way it looks. No RB will RS this year, and I believe this is what Beck, Brown and Pelini wanted.

In my opinion, its going to come down to how versatile Newby, Taylor, Cross and Frazier can make our offense behind Abdullah. If at least 2 of these backs can prove themselves as an every down back, I see the ball being out of Abdullah's hands more this year, and actually "using" our weapons. Kind of like what we do in our WR group. If they do become those players, we are going to make defenses make changes quite regularly during a game, and make them prepare for at least 3 RB's, Martinez and our passing threat. This seems to be the way we are going, and I REALLY hope its the case.

If the ball does get distributed more this year, I can see Abdullah getting 1200 rushing yards, and 300 passing yards throughout the season. The other backs could see up to 500 yards if not more a piece, that is if it pans out the way it looks. No RB will RS this year, and I believe this is what Beck, Brown and Pelini wanted.

Impressive