New Divisions: ESPN We are in the West of course.

Flood

The problem is the amount of traditional powerhouses being split unevenly. Well funded programs that are traditional powerhouses are typically better over periods of time. tOSU is a good example. They had their struggles, but now they're back. The less well-funded teams that aren't traditional powerhouses typically have more up-and-down type seasons. One year they may go 10-2 and earn a BCS bid, the next they may go 6-6.

Michigan and Penn St. also can't be expected to be down or uncompetitive on the national scene forever. They just can't. They have too much history, too much money and too big of a brand.

By this standard, the East has tOSU, Michigan and Penn State. The West has Nebraska. Wisconsin has been the better program over the last decade - no question - but they don't fit the criteria of a 'traditional powerhouse.'

There's too much power, tradition and money in the East. It's not to say things can't change, but typically, teams that are great historically get back to that platform. Teams like Iowa, Northwestern, etc., don't hang for long.

I agree with everything you said. Our only difference is perspective. I see the divisions as a problem for OSU, Mich, and PSU, not Nebraska. As far as money, if the B1G continues to share equally, it won't matter if OSU vs Mich gets more ratings than Neb vs. Wisc (However, I do concede that recruiting could be affected by this. But I'll get to that in a moment). I would rather see the Huskers as a regular Championship Game contender and play the powerhouses than play in the same division and only get to the title game every 3 or 4 years. I think playing (assuming Neb wins some) OSU or Mich for titles at least every other year, would do more for recruiting than playing these teams in October.

Very good points. An easier path to the championship, even revenue sharing, and the east beating up on each other all can work well for the Huskers. We are already at a recruiting disadvantage of a sort anyway... but regular/semi regular CCG appearances certainly cannot hurt. That said... there is Wisconsin who is a load and who has owned the Huskers. So... must somehow get past them to get in. Someone above said that the West would be the Huskers to lose... that had to make the Wisconsin fans laugh as they sit on a scoreboard over the Huskers with a 70pt beatdown. No... the West is Wisconsin's to lose with the Huskers the hopefuls to unseat them. But yes... that path is still easier than the path through the East.

The problem is the amount of traditional powerhouses being split unevenly. Well funded programs that are traditional powerhouses are typically better over periods of time. tOSU is a good example. They had their struggles, but now they're back. The less well-funded teams that aren't traditional powerhouses typically have more up-and-down type seasons. One year they may go 10-2 and earn a BCS bid, the next they may go 6-6.

Michigan and Penn St. also can't be expected to be down or uncompetitive on the national scene forever. They just can't. They have too much history, too much money and too big of a brand.

By this standard, the East has tOSU, Michigan and Penn State. The West has Nebraska. Wisconsin has been the better program over the last decade - no question - but they don't fit the criteria of a 'traditional powerhouse.'

There's too much power, tradition and money in the East. It's not to say things can't change, but typically, teams that are great historically get back to that platform. Teams like Iowa, Northwestern, etc., don't hang for long.

I agree with everything you said. Our only difference is perspective. I see the divisions as a problem for OSU, Mich, and PSU, not Nebraska. As far as money, if the B1G continues to share equally, it won't matter if OSU vs Mich gets more ratings than Neb vs. Wisc (However, I do concede that recruiting could be affected by this. But I'll get to that in a moment). I would rather see the Huskers as a regular Championship Game contender and play the powerhouses than play in the same division and only get to the title game every 3 or 4 years. I think playing (assuming Neb wins some) OSU or Mich for titles at least every other year, would do more for recruiting than playing these teams in October.

Very good points. An easier path to the championship, even revenue sharing, and the east beating up on each other all can work well for the Huskers. We are already at a recruiting disadvantage of a sort anyway... but regular/semi regular CCG appearances certainly cannot hurt. That said... there is Wisconsin who is a load and who has owned the Huskers. So... must somehow get past them to get in. Someone above said that the West would be the Huskers to lose... that had to make the Wisconsin fans laugh as they sit on a scoreboard over the Huskers with a 70pt beatdown. No... the West is Wisconsin's to lose with the Huskers the hopefuls to unseat them. But yes... that path is still easier than the path through the East.

I agree. I was basing my post off of a lot of the views I was reading in this thread, aka the "West" is the Huskers' to lose. I agree that Wisconsin has every right to laugh as they read this thread. They have every right to laugh as people talk up OSU and Mich and that they are the powerhouses. Still, we have ONE Wisconsin on the West side, and the East side has TWO teams in OSU and MICH.........and on the plus side: Nebraskans get to flash the "Westside" hand gesture on national TV during the CCG and not look like a "complete" tool!!!

Although you can look at the divisional splits anyway you want too (Records, History or Tradition), what I see when I look at this from a season ticket holder is ~ :wtf I wanted to see the so called B1G games with Ohio State/Michigan/Michigan State/Penn State ever year or every other year. Now, we will be looking at playing all of these foes once every 4 years <-- with the current members (unless in B1G CCG). My ticket value just took a hit!