***Official NBA Playoff Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Happy to see the Heat win (they're my second favorite team behind the Bulls, even before there was a Big 3, so you can't hate me), but I really feel bad for the Spurs, especially Tim.

not true.

the heat were the best team this year, but it seems that the spurs were the better team this series. the had their opportunities. too bad they ran out of gas. with how they played tonight, the heat should have won by 20. but the heat did deserve it and ended up the better team in a very close 7 games. lebron did deserve it and it was nice to see wade get one more.

also, is birdman called 'birdman' because he is covered in tattoos like a bird?

Credit the Heat. They were the better team and got it done. Never much of a big Spoelstra guy but the dude outcoached Pop. Spoelstra went up in my opinion and Pop went down. If this was Phil Jackson we'd be saying look at the magnificent job he did managing those egos and all those stars! :lol: Even though Bosh didn't score he is the key guy down low and defends hard every play...I would take that guy on my team everyday. He is an unsung hero.

Spolestra knew defense was going to win this series and it did. He made the adjustments to take away Parker and Green in the final 2 games. Spurs tired as every possession they had to fight to get a good shot or look. Meanwhile on the other end LeBron is walking up and taking straight up uncontested easy shots. How about you actually guard the best player in the world! MJ was probably thinking he never had it so easy! Pop was horrible in Game 6 and could not make the right adjustments in Game 7. He was left with Parker on the bench in key moments where Ginobili proved costly. Green's well dried up as he was smothered. Duncan played awesome but needed help in the end from others and never got it. Leonard kept the Spurs around and was better than expected.

Looking at the defensive intensity the Heat gave vs. the Spurs plan of we will allow LeBron and others to get easy shots and it was game over. I just couldn't believe the Spurs never adjusted after the Heat continued to drop in face-to-the-basket easy jump shots.

If I were a Spurs fan I am also not happy with Pop being a douche after Game 6 with the "we ride a bus and go up a ramp and drop off our guys to play", etc. How about some intelligent coaching? And then after Game 7 he celebrates with the Heat all smiling. I completely agree with Duncan and Parker's congratulatory hugs and handshakes but Pop is out there hamming it up with LeBron like "hey isn't it great my crappy coaching has allowed your legacy to go to the next level!" Do Spurs fans even like this dolt? Do Spurs fans credit their prior championships more to the players or Pop? This guy was unimpressive.

Congrats Heat...I had you in 7 so you made me look good.