The worst NFL Draft for Nebraska since... ?

No Huskers taken in the first 3 rounds. We have 7 listed as prospects but none are rated very highly. What's the chance we get shut out? 4 rounds to go.

Player Pos Ht Wt College Grade

Burkhead, Rex RB 5'10" 214 Nebraska 56.5

Compton, Will ILB 6'2" 230 Nebraska 51.8

Cotton, Ben TE 6'6" 255 Nebraska 63.2

Maher, Brett K 6'0" 186 Nebraska --

Martin, Eric DE 6'1" 237 Nebraska --

Meredith, Cameron DE 6'4" 260 Nebraska 54.2

Reed, Kyler TE 6'2" 225 Nebraska --

Looks like Ben Cotton has the best chance of getting picked. WTF is up with that???????

T_O_B

Lets face it. We didn't have the players who are eligible for the draft, turn any NFL heads. Sure as heck not on the defensive side anyway, and that's where we are expected to be strongest most years. The offense should be good again this year , especially if they cut down the turnovers. The defense, who knows... GBR!!!

If Burkhead can find a way to sneak into the draft, then that will be 4 players which should be OK

Isn't he our top prospect?

Yeah but they probably think he doesn't have much of ceiling and won't get much better. His injury also lowered his draft stock.

True. I still think Burkehead will be drafted. The projects I read stated he is a 6th or 7th rounder. I would hypothesize Rex is taken in the 6th round.

They have Stafford ahead of Burkhead. That tells me everything I need to know about their assessment.

Cotton as well. Rated higher than any Huskers in contention for the draft.

Sad to see so many other schools that I would think are not even in the same category as NU have guys drafted. To include Div II schools. WTH!

Also hope that it shows a remarkable lack of talent and how good our staff actually did to get us the wins last year. OR it shows what a crappy conference we play in that even with no talent we still won those games. The B1G is looking like crap overall so far in this draft.

Looks like Ben Cotton has the best chance of getting picked. WTF is up with that???????

T_O_B

This isn't a very deep year for tight ends.

Not so sure about that Dude, 7 TE's have been drafted so far.

T_O_B

That's not what I meant. There's bodies, but as far as talent goes, this draft wasn't all that deep for tight ends. Out of those 7, maybe 2-3 end up starting somewhere . . . maybe.

Bad draft class + huskers taken late = lack of talent at NU

You didn't have to watch much Nebraska football to realize that most of our talent were not seniors this past year....

Agree, that is why I didn't think so many of them should be starting on defense. I still think Baker S could be a good late rounder if he can fully recover.

I don't understand why a team doesn't take a chance with Burkhead. Great college stats, great character and outstanding combine with the exception of the 40. It must be fear of durability.

Look at Lattimore. Different back for sure, buy horrible knee injury goes round 4 to SF.

Surprised as well. Wow if we get shut out.

I don't understand why a team doesn't take a chance with Burkhead. Great college stats, great character and outstanding combine with the exception of the 40. It must be fear of durability.

When was the last time you saw a white running back drafted? Not full back, running back.

Kill me if you will, but it is a factor, just as some recruiting experts thought he was under-stared coming out of high school