The worst NFL Draft for Nebraska since... ?

I don't understand why a team doesn't take a chance with Burkhead. Great college stats, great character and outstanding combine with the exception of the 40. It must be fear of durability.

When was the last time you saw a white running back drafted? Not full back, running back.

Kill me if you will, but it is a factor, just as some recruiting experts thought he was under-stared coming out of high school

Toby Gerhart - 2 years ago I believe... I don't buy your excuse. Burkhead lost much of his senior season. If he had that back, this could be totally different.

I don't understand why a team doesn't take a chance with Burkhead. Great college stats, great character and outstanding combine with the exception of the 40. It must be fear of durability.

When was the last time you saw a white running back drafted? Not full back, running back.

Kill me if you will, but it is a factor, just as some recruiting experts thought he was under-stared coming out of high school

Toby Gerhart - 2 years ago I believe... I don't buy your excuse. Burkhead lost much of his senior season. If he had that back, this could be totally different.

And the same comments were made about him being white IIRC.

He lost some stats. Lattimore will start on the pup list, hes off the board. Burkhead tested near the top at the combine on everything but the 40. There is more to it than a minor knee injury.

He lost some stats. Lattimore will start on the pup list, hes off the board. Burkhead tested near the top at the combine on everything but the 40. There is more to it than a minor knee injury.

Rex was top in all but bench and 40................

Rex Burkhead 4.7 40 yd nfl combine speed is slow by nfl stanards...will hinder him in the draft......my counsin played for a small school in nebraska, doane college i believe,,,they came to our home town in iowa and clocked him,,,they told him he was too slow.....speed is upmost importance to get into the nfl....

Rex Burkhead 4.7 40 yd nfl combine speed is slow by nfl stanards...will hinder him in the draft......my counsin played for a small school in nebraska, doane college i believe,,,they came to our home town in iowa and clocked him,,,they told him he was too slow.....speed is upmost importance to get into the nfl....

Alfred Morris and his 1600 yd rookie season say Hello....

Burkhead's 40 was slow, but he has a fantastic 10 yard time and a great vertical. This showed at NU as he could make the 1st guy miss and hit the hole quickly. We also saw his 40 time as he was often caught from behind on big gains. There are not too many long rushing TDs in the NFL. I see Rex as having NFL value.