Important Transfer Headed Our Way

Still an important transfer. He just now has a shorter leash coming in. 1 mistake should not ruin his chances. It's when things start repeating is when it will become a problem. And there really hasn't been a problem with police since Pelini came here.

Or he and Bo will have a good laugh about how he punched his QB for heckling him about transferring and Bo will love him all the more.

Edit: I thought the first time I read it the assault was against their QB. Apparently they were both involved. My bad.

Edited by Mavric

According to the report, Bussey and Lewis bumped into each other, which led to a verbal argument and a shoving match. The friend then told police Lewis repeatedly shoved Bussey into a brick wall, causing his head to hit the wall several times. The friend told police Webb then came and the two men shoved Bussey to the ground and began punching him.

The friend said Bussey told her to run, and she ran back to the apartment to get help and returned to the alley. At this point, witnesses said they saw Lewis grab Bussey around the throat and throw him into a parking kiosk, knocking him unconscious.

The witnesses said a black SUV then arrived on scene and a passenger told Lewis and Webb to get into the vehicle, but it left without them when police arrived, according to the report. Witnesses identified the SUV passenger who called out to Lewis and Webb as another CU football player, but, according to the report, police did not confirm that or interview the occupants of the SUV.

Officials on scene said Bussey had no recollection of the incident and was bleeding from the head. His friends said Bussey -- who was identified in the report as a student at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado.

LINK

If this is true Lewis is an idiot. :facepalm:

According to the report, Bussey and Lewis bumped into each other, which led to a verbal argument and a shoving match. The friend then told police Lewis repeatedly shoved Bussey into a brick wall, causing his head to hit the wall several times. The friend told police Webb then came and the two men shoved Bussey to the ground and began punching him.

The friend said Bussey told her to run, and she ran back to the apartment to get help and returned to the alley. At this point, witnesses said they saw Lewis grab Bussey around the throat and throw him into a parking kiosk, knocking him unconscious.

The witnesses said a black SUV then arrived on scene and a passenger told Lewis and Webb to get into the vehicle, but it left without them when police arrived, according to the report. Witnesses identified the SUV passenger who called out to Lewis and Webb as another CU football player, but, according to the report, police did not confirm that or interview the occupants of the SUV.

Officials on scene said Bussey had no recollection of the incident and was bleeding from the head. His friends said Bussey -- who was identified in the report as a student at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado.

LINK

If this is true Lewis is a dammed idiot. :facepalm:

Sounds like the type of character we want on our team.

This comment made me laugh though.

God I detest football players, the football program in general, the sense of entitlement and privilege that most of them seem to have, and the protection afforded to those misbehaving athletes/thugs by the football program. I truly wish CU would abandon football. In 100 years, society will look back on football and shake our collective heads saying "What were we thinking???". It'll rank right up there with ****, dog, and bull fighting.

God I detest football players, the football program in general, the sense of entitlement and privilege that most of them seem to have, and the protection afforded to those misbehaving athletes/thugs by the football program. I truly wish CU would abandon football. In 100 years, society will look back on football and shake our collective heads saying "What were we thinking???". It'll rank right up there with ****, dog, and bull fighting.

A lot can change in 100 years.

A lot can change in 100 years.

I know what you mean. I'll be very interested in seeing where the sport of football is in 100 years.

#n/m

LINK

If this is true Lewis is an idiot. :facepalm:

From the article:

Lewis said he drank six glasses of wine, 10 beers and six shots of various other alcohols that night.

:facepalm::wasted ..That's a lot of booze.

From the article:

Lewis said he drank six glasses of wine, 10 beers and six shots of various other alcohols that night.

:facepalm::wasted ..That's a lot of booze.

Wow, that much beer, wine and booze mixed together? I can't even imagine the hangover that would cause.

2nd Degree Assault is a felony in Colorado.

Felony Assault

First Degree Assault and Second Degree Assault are felony charges that both require a mandatory sentence to prison if there is a conviction (with some exceptions). As with any charge involving a mandatory prison sentence, the district attorney has a great deal of leverage during plea negotiations. Defense lawyers will only advise clients to go to trial in these cases if there is a clear chance of victory at trial, or in cases where the plea offer is too harsh to accept.

Crimes of Violence

First Degree Assault, and most types of Second Degree Assault, are defined as Crimes of Violence. A conviction for a Crime of Violence requires the judge to sentence the defendant to a term of incarceration of at least the midpoint of the presumptive sentencing range for the offense. This midpoint is 5 years in prison for Second Degree Assault, and 10 years for First Degree Assault. If the case involved the mitigating factor that the defendant acted out of "heat of passion," this removes the mandatory aspect of the sentence. The judge will then be allowed to sentence the defendant to probation, provided the defendant is otherwise probation eligible.

SOURCE