Abdullah 2013 Rushing Estimate

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are a few articles I have read lately that think that Abdullah will have a 1500 yard rushing year in 2013. I see that being possible, if he was our only RB that we will be feeding the ball to.

Do you think he will reach 1500 yards rushing?

My answer: I don't think he will, but will be very close. With having Burkhead out of the picture, it sure opens up the gateway, but Beck will have 3, possibly 4 other RB's hungry for the ball. I think he will be in the 1400 yard range, but there are too many mouths to feed in that position for him to get 250+ carries to make that happen. Especially if we aren't RS'ing Adam and Newby. If Frazier can be a legitimate threat as well, and bring another dimension to our run game, he could be that 5th RB that plays in the picture. Cross will get his fair share of carries too in 2013.

Our QB will need some carries too.

I was going to mention that too, but Abdullah still had 1100+ yards last year. He was our only go to guy for a big part of the season, with a flash of Heard and Cross. Burkhead had his fair share when he was healthy. Had Burkhead been out all season, Abdullah would have been close. I just don't see him carrying the load he had last year, especially with the talent at RB this season. Unless there is an injury or two, or the new guys don't understand their part of the offense, I don't see it happening.

Thinking about it though, with the schedule we have, he could very well hit it, or do we distribute the ball to others if our run game is that successful?

I would like to know everyone else's thoughts lol.

No and like you stated the reason is because he will share the ball alot with our other weapons. Tmart will get his carries plus if he has improved as a passer we might throw the ball around more than last year, Cross will see the field more this year, along with either Adam or Newby. I think Ameer will end up around 1300 or so.

He'll probably have another 1000+ yard year if he stays healthy, but I highly doubt he gets to 1500. The depth and talent at RB is similar to if not better than 2010 when Helu and Martinez went 1245 and 965 respectively and Rex went 951. Not to mention there's just too much talent all over the field for Abdulla to see enough carries to hit 1500 yards.

He'll probably have another 1000+ yard year if he stays healthy, but I highly doubt he gets to 1500. The depth and talentat RB is similar if not better than 2010 when Helu and Martinez both went 1000+ and Rex went 990. Not to mention there's just too much talent all over the field for Abdulla to see enough carries to hit 1500 yards.

2010:

Roy Helu - 1245 yards

Rex Burkhead - 951 yards

Taylor Martinez - 965 yards

He'll probably have another 1000+ yard year if he stays healthy, but I highly doubt he gets to 1500. The depth and talentat RB is similar if not better than 2010 when Helu and Martinez both went 1000+ and Rex went 990. Not to mention there's just too much talent all over the field for Abdulla to see enough carries to hit 1500 yards.

2010:

Roy Helu - 1245 yards

Rex Burkhead - 951 yards

Taylor Martinez - 965 yards

Yeah I pulled the yards gained not net. You're just too quick for my editing skills... :hmmph

The only way I see him honestly breaking it, is finding some huge holes in the defense and getting a lot of 30+ yard carries, and if he can put most of his yards up before the Northwestern game. I just don't see him breaking 120+ against Northwestern, Michigan, Michigan St, Penn St and Iowa.

If the line keeps improving and Ameer takes another step and get to a 6.5-7.0 range in YPC then he could get there. Do we need him to get that number to have a great year? No. I'm more worried about the team YPC and team Rushing per game numbers than any one persons yards. Think about how much our rushing yards per game go up if we cut our turnovers in half. We also need to improve our 3rd down conversion percentage. For as explosive as our offense was at times, I believe our 3rd down conversion rate was very poor. Improving that number considerably also gives your offense more touches this raising everyone's numbers.

All that considered I'm gonna put him at a nice 1250 yards. And maybe another 300-500 more receiving. So a good year all around.