How Do Nebraska Fans Frame A Blowout?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My criteria - anything over 20 points is a blowout loss. And it doesn't matter much if it's 21 or 41 points, they're still comically painful.

I'd also much rather lose 21-0 to a team than 56-35. Giving up 21 points isn't terrible. The offense getting blanked means you've played a good, if not great defense. There's less embarrassment in that kind of loss than when your defense simply gives up and allows six or seven - or more - touchdowns.

I would much rather play a great team and be stymied than watch our team fail to play. Lack of execution on our part is always worse than excellence on your opponent's part.

My criteria - anything over 20 points is a blowout loss. And it doesn't matter much if it's 21 or 41 points, they're still comically painful.

I'd also much rather lose 21-0 to a team than 56-35. Giving up 21 points isn't terrible. The offense getting blanked means you've played a good, if not great defense. There's less embarrassment in that kind of loss than when your defense simply gives up and allows six or seven - or more - touchdowns.

I would much rather play a great team and be stymied than watch our team fail to play. Lack of execution on our part is always worse than excellence on your opponent's part.

i know it is just a perception thing, but you see 21-0 and you think there is hope. you see 56-35, the game is out of control. a loss is a loss, but from the perception of fans and people watching sportscenter, 21-0 looks a lot better.

i know it is just a perception thing, but you see 21-0 and you think there is hope. you see 56-35, the game is out of control. a loss is a loss, but from the perception of fans and people watching sportscenter, 21-0 looks a lot better.

I agree with SD here. You see 21-0, and you think hell, the game could turn on a play or two. If it's in the 4th quarter, it means the defense has played not horrible. Hell, a punt return or pick six could flip it. But you see 56-35 in the 4th and theres no hope because there's no hope of stopping the other team becuase it hasnt been done yet.

We've seen both situations first hand against Ohio St in our first two years facing them. We won one, we lost the other. Which were they?

Fat chicks or ugly chicks.

Odouls or Sam Adams

fruitcake or fruitcake muffins

Colt McCoy or Major Applewhite

You're trying to trick us. Some of these things are the same.

I'll bonk the fat chick. Then have a Sam Adams while enjoying a fruitcake muffin afterwards. Colt McCoy can watch if he wants.

:lol:

• Fire 2

Odouls or Sam Adams

I'll bonk the fat chick. Then have a Sam Adams while enjoying a fruitcake muffin afterwards. Colt McCoy can watch if he wants.

Chubby chaser.

Odouls or Sam Adams

Considering he won't see playing time on an NFL field again, he might take you up on the offer since there will be nothing better to do.

Odouls or Sam Adams

Only if it's Tim Tebow's illegitimate sister.

Interesting topic, I don't ever think you can get the whole picture from just looking at scores. I think you have to watch the game. NU lost 41-28 to UCLA in 1988 doesn't sound too bad 13 pts. Watch a replay of the game. They completely killed NU. We scored a couple when the game was out of reach to make it look better. Orange Bowl same year Miami 24-3 I believe. Game wasn't even that close. They comepletely shut down NU's offense. I think they had 140 yards of total offense or something like that. It was a butt kicking.

I think blown out losses or losses by 21 or more are happening more frequently than ever. I have no imperical proof just the eyeball test. Lots of good teams, not just Nebraska have gotten their butts kick royally over the last few years. Louisville vs. Florida Orange Bowl, Clemson vs. VaTech BCS bowl, WVa got killed several times last year. KSU I seem to remember getting drilled by Baylor last year. OU and Texas have both got their asses kicked over the last few years. S. Carolina got killed by Florida last year or was it the other way around.

My point is that it happens. I don't like it, but I watch the game. I have seen several post that UGA killed NU, I don't see it that way. OSU killed NU, that was a game that was very close for a pretty long time. Some quick scores did them in. Wisky II was a blowout!! no getting around that.

I think very few teams play great defense all the time anymore and offenses are just that explosive. That why we are seeing more blowouts in general. Just my 2cents.

^ I agree that blowouts-especially the unexpected ones-are happening more frequently, or at least it seems. I think it's from the game being so much more competitive now a days. The days of taking a week off and playing ho-hum for a 21-10 win over Iowa St or Kansas are over. If you dont show up to play, at best you're gonna lose, if not get clobbered. That's just college football today.

Regarding the defense http://instagram.com/p/Z9HzJSlMmT/

That is fantastic. But I'll believe it when I see it. Meaning nothing against these young guys, but we've heard that stuff the last few years and... blowouts, record yardage allowed, not showing up to play...

The Blackshirts have not been stellar lately. I'm more than ready to see these young guys come and restore the pride in those black practice jerseys.