Josh Mitchell is my new favorite player

Hopefully he calls out Guy, Ashburn, Okeyumi, and Vestal next.

I'd like to know what the deal is with those guys but i have a feeling they are already a lost cause.

Ya, the ship has pretty-much sailed on them. Them and Rome busting, a whole class not producing, is the big reason we are in such dire straits up front. I think two are supposed to graduating in December. If I'm Bo I'm making sure they are all graduating and emptying their spot summer of '14 or sooner. As far as Mitchell and VV go this is where we miss a Peters brothers type influence. No they weren't role-models but they were leaders that kept the rest of the team in-line and doing their best on the field. Props to Mitchell for the effort but a skinny cb just isn't the same influence as a big, nasty DT. Hopefully Mitchell and AA twittershaming VV gets the desired resuts.

If you have to resort to 'twitter' to motivate your teammates then things are even worse than I thought in Pelini land.

2.5/10

chortle... twitterisfuckingstupid8.jpg

You are completely out of your mind if you think this is the only form of motivation being used. This is a player taking initiative. Not Bo. Bo can't have any access to the players right now.

If you have to resort to 'twitter' to motivate your teammates then things are even worse than I thought in Pelini land.

2.5/10

You are completely out of your mind if you think this is the only form of motivation being used. This is a player taking initiative. Not Bo. Bo can't have any access to the players right now.

I know that. I guess in my mind I'd rather a player make it a point to talk to that guy man to man versus using social media. Maybe todays player is just different. Twitter's all the rage now. I get that. It just seems ridiculous to me to have to resort to something like that. Handle that crap in house instead of on the internet. Again it's a different environment now. I guess this sort of thing was bound to happen.

2.5/10

I know that. I guess in my mind I'd rather a player make it a point to talk to that guy man to man versus using social media. Maybe todays player is just different. Twitter's all the rage now. I get that. It just seems ridiculous to me to have to resort to something like that. Handle that crap in house instead of on the internet. Again it's a different environment now. I guess this sort of thing was bound to happen.

i guess the way i look at is i'm going to be more worried about someone calling me out in front of my entire team, state, and nation to see compared to one on one in my dorm room. VV doesn't want that sh#t floating around on twitter because he's going to be hearing questions from everyone about what's going on, and why he's not trying hard. And hopefully it will help him grow up and get his ass to work.

• Fire 1

That x10, Kids now a days are so worried about their status and how others view them. This is probably more beneficial to VV then calling him out face to face. Idk about others but if I was playing big time football and I got called out in front of thousands of fans who also twitter, then I would do everything I could to prove myself

2.5/10

I see what you are saying now. However, we don't know the whole story or all of the circumstances.

i guess the way i look at is i'm going to be more worried about someone calling me out in front of my entire team, state, and nation to see compared to one on one in my dorm room. VV doesn't want that sh#t floating around on twitter because he's going to be hearing questions from everyone about what's going on, and why he's not trying hard. And hopefully it will help him grow up and get his ass to work.

I'm just kind of glancing through this thread. Looks like some sh*t hit the fan. Loving it in the dog days of summer. This reply makes good sense though.

Allowing this out to be public knowledge is an intriguing motivational technique, if indeed that is what Mitchell is going for.

It's one thing to have an upperclassman tell you to get your butt in gear when it's just the two of you. It's a totally different situation if everyone knows about it.

2.5/10

Today's player is just different. That's the point. Maybe you missed the comment by a young man earlier but this is how these kids communicate now. Mano e mano communication has pretty much all gone to the wayside. It's all about social media and putting your thoughts out for literally the whole world to see. This is how they communicate now.

I'm guessing this isn't the first attempt guys have made to motivate VV. It sounds like they have been trying to push him and told him he needs to lay off of social media. I'm sure this has been ongoing. Those in-person motivations didn't seemed to have worked, so Josh put him on blast. He knows VV is big into the social scene, Twitter and partying, and this might light a fire. That's what happens, and sometimes, that is what it takes.