2013 alt uniform game

I'm guessing it will be a night game again, if it happens. The schedule shows the first conference game against Illinois as a home game with an 11 am start time. I'd say that one is out.

After that, we don't have any more conference home games until November: N'western, MSU, and Iowa. Maybe a late afternoon game against N'western or Michigan State, but I don't know. I would imagine the Iowa game is off the list too.

I could honestly see them doing something for the UCLA game since we both have Adidas, but they haven't announced a time for the game yet.

This would be my choice.

Apparently the UCLA game has been scheduled to kick off at 11am, which pretty much rules out the alt uni for that game, My next guess would be Northwestern, or whoever the huskers play for homecoming this year

I think it's the Illinois game from doing a quick "something" search

I'm probably going to get some backlash for saying this, but what the heck I'll say it anyway...

We don't need an alternate uniform game. Period. We are Nebraska.

The only thing somewhat decent about last season's alternate uniform game were the helmets. The uniforms on the other hand, in my opinion, were a joke.

• Fire 3

I'm probably going to get some backlash for saying this, but what the heck I'll say it anyway...

The only thing somewhat decent about last season's alternate uniform game were the helmets. The uniforms on the other hand, in my opinion, were a joke.

It's not a matter of what we "need", it's a matter of what is wanted.

Regardless, what does the statement in red have to do with the statement in black?

Regardless, what does the statement in red have to do with the statement in black?

Fair point with the "need" vs "want." On a side note, there was no intended meaning behind the statement in black and red. I just used the red text color because it's Nebraska's main color.

Anyway, I do think you hit the nail on the head in this discussion. I will concede that many of today's younger generation "want" these alternate uniform games. My point is I just don't think we as a program, based on our tradition and history need to go to these kind of efforts.

• Fire 1

I wonder what kind of alt. uniforms the two teams would wear, I doubt we would have the same as last year, a throwback game would be nice to see, the same uniforms that were worn in the 300th sellout game,post-8196-0-64639200-1370542080.jpg

and UCLA could wear the white version of this post-8196-0-18094100-1370542126.jpg

+1 Now this I would be ok with. Honoring our past like we did for the 300th consecutive sellout with throwback uniforms was the type of alternate uniform game that I think any Nebraska fan could go for.

• Fire 1

Fair point with the "need" vs "want." On a side note, there was no intended meaning behind the statement in black and red. I just used the red text color because it's Nebraska's main color.

Anyway, I do think you hit the nail on the head in this discussion. I will concede that many of today's younger generation "want" these alternate uniform games. My point is I just don't think we as a program, based on our tradition and history need to go to these kind of efforts.

Why are we so much better than everyone else? Oklahoma, Miami, Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Texas and others have all started doing alternative uniforms.

The thing is, the players love them, and that's all that should matter. It's for them, not for you and I.

The only reason we have a great tradition is because we used to be innovative. We used to do things that no other teams could do. Facilities, walk-ons, strength training, etc. We have fallen behind a bit and we need to catch up so we don't end up becoming the school that was so stuck in the past that we wouldn't make simple changes to draw in recruits. I don't see why alt uniforms seem so sinister to so many Neb fans.

• Fire 1

I agree that in no way do we "need" to go to these kinds of efforts, but it sure doesnt hurt. It makes us more relevant to recruits, the players love them, and also from what I remember last year, it seemed like memorial stadium was pumped up for the Huskers to sport those alt unis. As long as there done right they dont look like garbage then I honestly dont really see a negative to it

Why are we so much better than everyone else? Oklahoma, Miami, Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Texas and others have all started doing alternative uniforms.

The thing is, the players love them, and that's all that should matter. It's for them, not for you and I.

First of all I never once said that we were better than everyone else. I would hold our tradition in the same category as the teams that you mentioned. Are we better then them? In some areas yes, and in other areas no.

I will give you all credit, you are starting to convert me as to the reasons why we would do an alternate uniform game. If it makes the players happy...then fine go ahead and do one per year.

I think we can all agree that at the end of the day, none of us, including me, should give a rip what uniforms we are wearing as long as our players play hard, represent the university in a good manner, and go to class.

Anyway, I appreciate the honest, and also civil back and forth discussion on this topic with all of you. It's people like you that make HuskerBoard such a great and comfortable place to talk about all things Nebraska.