Most Boneheaded Play Since 2000

Niles Paul fumbling while running down the sideline for an automatic touchdown against Iowa State.

Oh my God, yes. This. This 1000x.

I still can't explain what the hell happened on that one.

it almost looked like he kicked it out of his hands while trying to stay in bounds, maybe the worst play I've ever seen

Most boneheaded play... can I just vote the 2009 ISU game as a whole? 9 turnovers...

tumblr_lfptyjeU2e1qbj46wo1_400.gif

and I mean... a loss to ISU? Really? Glad it took 9 turnovers for them to get the W though, and only by 2 points LOL.

And the the ISU Celebration video that was all over the net after that too. You would have though they won the national championship or something Ugh!

How about a wide open Burkhead on a wheel route dropping a perfect T.D. throw vs Texas.

That game was a mess. Nobody could catch the damn ball that game. We had like eight drops that game and half of those were likely scores. Safeties refused to wrap the F up. We should've had two weeks of prep but moved the KSU game to get the Thursday night game. We had too much stupid hype, set ourselves up to grip.

Maddening that we had an opportunity to settle-up somewhat with Texas and blew it.

Jammal Lord chucking the ball to Vasher

I'd have to go with Solich not kicking field goals in the same game even though we had one of the best kickers in the country at the time. Solich blew that game. Another example of us snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in a game vs. Texas.

Since the inception of the Big 12, who is the only coach for us that actually beat Texas? We just looked like fools in 96' in the championship game.

I'd have to go with Solich not kicking field goals in the same game even though we had one of the best kickers in the country at the time. Solich blew that game. Another example of us snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in a game vs. Texas.

Since the inception of the Big 12, who is the only coach for us that actually beat Texas? We just looked like fools in 96' in the championship game.

Solich not kicking the field goal right away was not boneheaded. Lord's throw was probably the worst decision in the history of mankind, and the throw itself was less accurate than that of a parapalegic blind kid, but the decision to take a couple stabs was absolutely the right call. You just got a big punt return and now you have a heavy favorite, on the road, backpeddling and on the ropes. You go for it.

If this is the case, then we shoulda kicked the field goal immediately after the long 4th down conversion to Kyler Reed against Michigan St last year. Forget taking a couple stabs at it. Just kick it. Leave half a minute on the clock and just get the thing tied. But the fact that we scored and did NOT turn it over makes that decision a good. Then we go to overtime and lose. How would the homefront judge that decision by Bo? Hignsight is an interesting concept.

In ending, I just disagree with Solich's decsion to go for it as boneheaded. The throw, yes. Decision, no.

Solich not kicking the field goal right away was not boneheaded. Lord's throw was probably the worst decision in the history of mankind, and the throw itself was less accurate than that of a parapalegic blind kid, but the decision to take a couple stabs was absolutely the right call. You just got a big punt return and now you have a heavy favorite, on the road, backpeddling and on the ropes. You go for it.

If this is the case, then we shoulda kicked the field goal immediately after the long 4th down conversion to Kyler Reed against Michigan St last year. Forget taking a couple stabs at it. Just kick it. Leave half a minute on the clock and just get the thing tied. But the fact that we scored and did NOT turn it over makes that decision a good. Then we go to overtime and lose. How would the homefront judge that decision by Bo? Hignsight is an interesting concept.

In ending, I just disagree with Solich's decsion to go for it as boneheaded. The throw, yes. Decision, no.

He ran a stupid option play that went no where and burned valuable time just before that play. That decision to lob one up against Vasher to me was a panic move. I sat next to Junior at that game and he repeatedly bitched about Solich not kicking the field goals in that game before we knew how it would play out. He was right in my opinion.

Of course it would have been nice if our D could have figured out how to cover the swing pass to their running back.

He ran a stupid option play that went no where and burned valuable time just before that play. That decision to lob one up against Vasher to me was a panic move. I sat next to Junior at that game and he repeatedly bitched about Solich not kicking the field goals in that game before we knew how it would play out. He was right in my opinion.

Of course it would have been nice if our D could have figured out how to cover the swing pass to their running back.

I dont understand the kicking field goals part. We were down 27-10 at one point right? We then scored a pair of 4th qtr td's to get it to 27-24 before Groces big punt return with under a minute left. I dont know where the field goals are supposed to come into play.

Edit: Check that. We were down 20-10 and 27-17 respectively in the 4th. Got a TD for 20-17, couldnt get a stop and then got another for 27-24.

And yes, Chris Simms, Roy Williams, and Cedric Benson(I think) got together for the games of each's careers that night.

To Accountability (quote tags got f'd up on my response)

One of them looked like a 4 & 1 from the 15 yd line that we went for and didn't get. I think it's from the first quarter. I can hear Junior yelling "kick the field goal you f'ing idiot" multiple times in my video I just watched as i was filming a few parts of that game. I recall another from that game that was basically a chip shot for Josh Brown. That guy was probably the most clutch we've ever had other than Henery. To me not giving Henery the chance against OU in the Big 12 title game by running a stupid play on 3rd down was just as bad if not worse.

Here is my screenshot from my shaky video of the first 4&1 that we failed to convert on.

On a side note, I have some funny video from that game with great crowd reaction after Dejuan's punt return late in the 4th that I'll try to post later tonight. Listening to Junior is pretty entertaining as well but he probably wouldn't want me posting that stuff.