New field turf for 2013

I cant find anything online about maintenance budget numbers but tommorrow at work when I see our Parks and Rec superintendant, I'll ask him how much money is put towards yearly maintenance for Hastings's Duncan Field just to get an idea. This field houses Hastings College baseball, Legion baseball, and all home football game for Jr High, Fr, JV and Varsity St. Cecilia football.

duncan field is included with all the fields that parks and rec takes care of. and last i knew all they did was mow and set the sprinkler system. the legion and the college took care of the other needs the field needed for baseball. and as far as st cecilia tearing up left to center field..... they need to tithe more and get their own field.

I cant find anything online about maintenance budget numbers but tommorrow at work when I see our Parks and Rec superintendant, I'll ask him how much money is put towards yearly maintenance for Hastings's Duncan Field just to get an idea. This field houses Hastings College baseball, Legion baseball, and all home football game for Jr High, Fr, JV and Varsity St. Cecilia football.

duncan field is included with all the fields that parks and rec takes care of. and last i knew all they did was mow and set the sprinkler system. the legion and the college took care of the other needs the field needed for baseball. and as far as st cecilia tearing up left to center field..... they need to tithe more and get their own field.

I understand that, but I'm sure there's a pretty accurate number for Duncan Field alone. Maybe not on paper, but he'll have a good idea.

I understand that, but I'm sure there's a pretty accurate number for Duncan Field alone. Maybe not on paper, but he'll have a good idea.

what i am trying to say is, as nice a field as duncan is hardly any effort is put into maintaining it so you cant really use it as a gauge for a cost comparison.

Still think every football stadium in America should be natural grass

Not I. Look how crappy some NFL fields are at the end of the year. I'd rather have turf that performs the same in January that it did in August. No spray paint required.

......Duncan Field.....

Hey, I used to live 1/2 block away, east 2nd street address and #1 customer, Barrel Bar & Grill, 3 blocks east or so. Also known as Duncan "Brick". Hastings is a perfect size IMO, not too small, not too large. I was responsible, basically in charge, for Queen City league (gorilla flag football) and YMCA league (basketball) from 1979 to 1981 (circa).

......Duncan Field.....

Hey, I used to live 1/2 block away, east 2nd street address and #1 customer, Barrel Bar & Grill, 3 blocks east or so. Also known as Duncan "Brick". Hastings is a perfect size IMO, not too small, not too large. I was responsible, basically in charge, for Queen City league (gorilla flag football) and YMCA league (basketball) from 1979 to 1981 (circa).

I worked at the Barrel for 3 years or so, about 14 or so years ago. :lol: Small world.

......Duncan Field.....

I worked at the Barrel for 3 years or so, about 14 or so years ago. :lol: Small world.

1/2 pound grilled hamburger w/cheese. Delicious !!!

Well maybe we should just follow the dumptrucks!

But in all seriousness, the AD could have cut up 6 inch squares of the stuff and sold it at $15 a pop. I would've bought one. Im obviously not taking into account the labor aspect of it, but it seems like a pretty easy way to make money.

And I also feel like that guy is full of sh#t with his hole story.

Huge missed opportunity to make a big impact on a local charity. I don't understand the reasoning behind not distributing it. There's probably $1 million worth of 6" squares in there. I have to think that eventually it will get cut up. Just seems irresponsible not to use the opportunity.

Well maybe we should just follow the dumptrucks!

But in all seriousness, the AD could have cut up 6 inch squares of the stuff and sold it at $15 a pop. I would've bought one. Im obviously not taking into account the labor aspect of it, but it seems like a pretty easy way to make money.

And I also feel like that guy is full of sh#t with his hole story.

Huge missed opportunity to make a big impact on a local charity. I don't understand the reasoning behind not distributing it. There's probably $1 million worth of 6" squares in there. I have to think that eventually it will get cut up. Just seems irresponsible not to use the opportunity.

My wild guess, FieldTurf company contract. Refurbish turf, fresh dye, and big discount price like HS practice field