New field turf for 2013

Surface temperature test:

Air Temperature = 94 degrees

Bermudagrass = 104 degrees (Bluegrass slightly lower temp)

Field Turf = 165 degrees

Coolplay = 130 degrees (as advertised)

A recent survey of 1,511 active NFL players by the NFL players association found that 73% of the players preferred playing on a natural grass system, while only 18% preferred artificial turf. Nine percent of the players had no preference

based on Turfgrass Science - Univ of Arkansas

I admit I'm biased. Still fighting for natural grass.

Field Turf = 165 degrees

A recent survey of 1,511 active NFL players by the NFL players association found that 73% of the players preferred playing on a natural grass system, while only 18% preferred artificial turf. Nine percent of the players had no preference

I know I'm not a football player, but I have marched on natural grass and the FieldTurf at Memorial Stadium. I like turf better because it's easier to get traction and softer on your knees. Grass is lumpy and is too high maintenance, in my opinion.

Surface temperature test:

Field Turf = 165 degrees

grass.jpg

• Fire 2

grass.jpg

LOL. I know it. Next FieldTurf project, company engineers are trying to insert flubber derivatives, pending on NCAA gods. :sarcasm

HeyBurke, I respect your opinion but

easier to get traction and softer on your knees. Grass is lumpy and is too high maintenance

is completely wrong

Son of Flubber clip

I'm aware of the evidence that says injuries are more prevalent on turf. I'm just stating my opinion. I like the feeling of walking on turf more than I do on grass, but I'm not the one playing football on it!

They were loading dumptrucks with those rolls of the old stuff this morning. I should just go ask one of the workers if he will cut a little piece for me.

I just asked one of them. He said, "They told us it's our jobs if we let anyone near this stuff." So no, that's not likely to happen. I asked them where those trucks were headed once they left the stadium and this guy just smiled at me and said, "They've already dug a hole, and they're going to dump these rolls in and cover it with dirt right away."

So the chances of getting a piece of that turf are pretty much slim and none. I'd have taken a whole roll but I don't know if the entire offensive line could carry one. They're pretty heavy, and full of sand and rubber.

I really wanted to get in there and get a picture of the stadium with no turf, but they had it pretty well blocked off/guarded. Nobody in or out.