UCLA has a bye week before the game

There is no question that the UCLA game is big for a number of reasons. I was looking into it and found that UCLA has a bye week before the game with us. I was already concerned, but that made me more concerned. They can prep during the summer and two weeks before the game. We will get there A game, and later when their schedule gets tough, they will look weaker (staying continually good during a string of tough games is very difficult) effecting our standing. As there isn't too much else to talk about during the summer, I thought I start this thread to hear your thoughts about the game and our chances.

This is the ultimate wait-and-see game. UCLA's had some changes player wize. Their star back from a year ago is no longer there. And even though their qb and a bunch of talent is back, UCLA is and has been for multiple decades now the team that can be good one year, and really bad the next. As far as Nebraska goes, the unknowns have been well documented.

Hence, I dont know what the hell to expect. But either way, I dont think UCLA's buy week will have much affect. Nebraska isnt exacty facing juggernauts the two weeks prior either. Bo's probably schemin for the Bruins as we speak.

Their schedule is a much tougher one than last season and they need every positive they can to continue the momentum built from last year. A name win against NU will be pimped by them like no other in recruiting and media. This bye was done on purpose. That said, they lose Franklin and Fauria,,,both burned us last season. Need to beat the guys.

As said earlier, they lost Franklin and Fauria, the two guys that really hurt us last year. It isn't like we are going to show a ton on film versus Wyoming and Southern Miss. Also, they are thinner on the defensive line than we are. Barring ridiculous turnovers, like last year, I think we win this game by two TDs. I think we will be hyped but not too tight (Texas), and we will beat them bad.

just like last season it all comes down to the dline. we control the line of scrimmage we will win. they control the line of scrimmage and they win. hopefully we have gotten more athletic like has been said because last season they were clearly more athletic.

Agree. And, if we lose, it doesn't destroy our season and if we win, it doesn't make our season.

And....no.....if we lose to UCLA we don't automatically F***ing suck.

I don't think a bye week is as important early in the season. I'm glad we have 2 fairly easy games to get into form for UCLA, especially with a young defense. They will only have 1 game against live competition before they have to get ready for us. And it's not like either team won't be working on this game in the offseason anyway.