Best practice to meet "guy" friends"?....don't laugh, honest question

Sorry that I am chuckling at this thread at the same time I have a tear in my eye.

46 years old with three teenagers.

I have no idea where the years went but there are just some things you give up to be with your family. Yes, I still need those guy nights. But, you have to plan for them. Joining a golf league is a great way to get out once per week in the summer with guys. Now, I didn't do that till just two years ago because my kids kept me so busy.

Honestly.....and some people don't want to hear this. But, your focus now is at home. Most evenings we need to be home with our families and being a major part of that.

What you need to do then is find couple friends with kids about your age. Heck, I even know people who have moved to different neighborhoods to be around younger people with kids.

80-90% of your social life for the next 20 years will center around what your kids are doing and the adults who also have kids in those activities.

Accept it and enjoy it. Some day they will be gone and you can meet back up with the guy friends who are becoming free from kids again. Then we can all be those old farts that sit around the club house telling stories about our kids who are then off being successful/ married and frustrated because their social lives are ruined because of marriage and kids.

One more thing.

This is a time in people's lives when one heck of a lot of divorces happen for this exact reason. Recognize that and commit yourself to being there.

Really good post as it hits the nail on the head for me.

With three kids, one of the is bound to be close to playing tee ball. We moved out of state and didn't know anyone or have family close. It pretty much sucked and was a fairly lonely existence, until our son started playing tee ball. Now we have two games a week and weekend tournaments, and many offers for parties, dinners, tailgates, etc. Three weekends this spring my son's coach invited, and provided us, with LSU baseball tickets and tailgate opportunities.

If your kids have a few years to go before organized sports or don't choose the sports route, go sit your butt in a bar seat for a couple of hours once or twice a week. You probably won't meet anyone you would want to hang out with outside of the bar but at least you'll be temporarily entertained. The thing is you have got to stay close to your house so people get to know and recognize you and then opportunities arise. Or you could join the local pentacostal church. They seem to be very inward and exclusive.

I couldn't think of a better way to fill the time is to find a mistress to help supplant the boredom and troubles in your life. She will be there when you need her and will leave you alone when you don't need her. It might be a little extra money but is well worth the trouble instead of sitting around at home all the time without anything to do.

You won't be able to do everything with the mistress that you could do with your buddies, but you can definitely do things with her you can't do with your wife.

I couldn't think of a better way to fill the time is to find a mistress to help supplant the boredom and troubles in your life. She will be there when you need her and will leave you alone when you don't need her. It might be a little extra money but is well worth the trouble instead of sitting around at home all the time without anything to do.

You won't be able to do everything with the mistress that you could do with your buddies, but you can definitely do things with her you can't do with your wife.

Tell me more, Barack. What types of things do you find the waitresses at Denny's do that Michelle won't?

By the way, getting older doesn't get any easier. After the kids leave ( it'll be sooner than you think) then come the aches and pains, loss of vision, hearing and hair growing in strange places. You look in the mirror and think to yourself "S**t! wasn't I just thirty?"

Then you realize you have more days behind you than in front of you.......................CRAP! now I need a drink! :hmmph

It's okay, at this point in your life you can just take sketchy pictures of your wife and post them on the internet.

Wait.....

Then again I could hang out on a football board and TRY to be witty and funny. I don't understand the problem you guys have with being proud of your mate who happens to be Nebraska born and raised and a huge Husker fan.

I find it laughable of people who condemn me for something on my profile but can't resist viewing my profile almost 7,000 times. Hypocritical much?

Wait..........

Douche

By the way, getting older doesn't get any easier. After the kids leave ( it'll be sooner than you think) then come the aches and pains, loss of vision, hearing and hair growing in strange places. You look in the mirror and think to yourself "S**t! wasn't I just thirty?"

Then you realize you have more days behind you than in front of you.......................CRAP! now I need a drink! :hmmph

It's okay, at this point in your life you can just take sketchy pictures of your wife and post them on the internet.

Wait.....

Then again I could hang out on a football board and TRY to be witty and funny. I don't understand the problem you guys have with being proud of your mate who happens to be Nebraska born and raised and a huge Husker fan.

I find it laughable of people who condemn me for something on my profile but can't resist viewing my profile almost 7,000 times. Hypocritical much?

Wait..........

Douche

Is it weird that the first thing I notice is the rug?.... If you're going to use pictures like that of your wife as your profile picture then you need to take the assured "sh#t" you're going to receive in stride. I have a very attractive wife of my own and I wouldn't dream of putting a picture like that of her on here.... As proud as you are, it's a little weird. ...

Wait.....

Wait..........

Douche

Is it weird that the first thing I notice is the rug?.... If you're going to use pictures like that of your wife as your profile picture then you need to take the assured "sh#t" you're going to receive in stride. I have a very attractive wife of my own and I wouldn't dream of putting a picture like that of her on here.... As proud as you are, it's a little weird. ...

Actually, after some thought, it's really weird. .. That's your wife man.....

I'm in my early 30's, married, have 3 young kids (not old enough for sports), live in West Omaha, and have no time for leisurely "hanging out". I have plenty of friends but we have spread out. Even though Lincoln, Gretna, and other spots are close; it is a pain in the *ss to get together for a few beers unless you want to make a night of it including babysitters and spouses.....and a personal assistant to handle everyones's schedules :) Our neighborhood consists of people much older than us, my coworkers are mostly in another zipcode, and my wife's coworkers are all female. Hell, I can't move a couch to the basement without planning it for 2 weeks. More or less, I'm just venting about getting older, and having responsibilities. Just looking for advice on how to make the transition easier.

An unlimited supply of cocaine and hookers should help your cause! :thumbs

ur not trying hard enough.. dont be a pu&&y!! no wives!! f#*k that sh#t!!! go out and rage... i can get all the "boys" together atleast once a month with smaller excersions such as surfing fishing or just cruising in the back yard over beers pretty often

tumblr_lji657Mcp61qe5x4p.png

I have tons of clients who, despite having multiple kids and little money, always seem to have time to party with a never-ending network of friends, so it certainly is possible.

Of course, I work in child protective services, and those folks' kids are now in my care and custody...