Jadeveon Clowney: Martinez is "scared"

Recall husker fans that the last person to smack talk Nebraska was Warren Sapp prior to the 1995 Orange Bowl and we all know how it turned out, he was manhandled and sucking air at the end. He can say Taylor is 'scared' all he wants while he is the best defensive player in College but the truth plays out under the spotlight.

Actually, the last player to talk crap was David Gilbert from Wisconsin last year. I wouldn't say he got manhandled either. He had a sack with a forced fumble in the third quarter. I think he backed up what he was saying, even though we got the "W", but I wouldn't have minded if Taylor would have trucked that fool.

Gilbert didnt back up sh#t. All he said was Taylor still skips rocks or whatever. Yet, Taylor scorched their ass, you could say, twice.

Didn't he retire this year due to injuries?

Recall husker fans that the last person to smack talk Nebraska was Warren Sapp prior to the 1995 Orange Bowl and we all know how it turned out, he was manhandled and sucking air at the end. He can say Taylor is 'scared' all he wants while he is the best defensive player in College but the truth plays out under the spotlight.

Actually, the last player to talk crap was David Gilbert from Wisconsin last year. I wouldn't say he got manhandled either. He had a sack with a forced fumble in the third quarter. I think he backed up what he was saying, even though we got the "W", but I wouldn't have minded if Taylor would have trucked that fool.

Gilbert didnt back up sh#t. All he said was Taylor still skips rocks or whatever. Yet, Taylor scorched their ass, you could say, twice.

Didn't he retire this year due to injuries?

He initially retired because of foot problems but I believe he actually transfered to Miami which is either his home or close to it.
  • Fire 1

250 yards, two touchdowns and a 31-31 tie after three quarters. The defense folds and gives up two fourth-quarter TDs against UGA. That's hardly Martinez' fault.

Also, I seem to recall Taylor scrapping it out several times with Georgia defenders. I don't recall him being "scared."

Of course, I'm not trying to pump myself and my team up to win the SEC like Clowney, so maybe if I was I'd see things differently. The guy is a physical freak and has earned the right to talk.

This confuses me.

• Fire 1

This confuses me.

I screwed up. It's been pointed out to me once or twice. Or thrice. Or more.

It happens. :D

250 yards, two touchdowns and a 31-31 tie after three quarters. The defense folds and gives up two fourth-quarter TDs against UGA. That's hardly Martinez' fault.

Also, I seem to recall Taylor scrapping it out several times with Georgia defenders. I don't recall him being "scared."

Of course, I'm not trying to pump myself and my team up to win the SEC like Clowney, so maybe if I was I'd see things differently. The guy is a physical freak and has earned the right to talk.

Not trying to nitpick old man, but Clowney is at SC. lol

tbh... I was confused about that for about 5 seconds, because why the hell would the guy talk about a QB from a team he played once two years ago?

Same here. I guess we have bulletin board material on the off chance we play them in a bowl game again. :hmmph

It must be coincidence that Clowney didn't mention Barrett Trotter, Tyler Wilson, Zach Mettenberger or Jeff Driskel. I'm sure that's an oversight on his part, and he meant to.

The article linked has been changed to say that Clowney actually meant to say Tyler Wilson and not Taylor Martinez. It did seem odd to talk smack about a team you played two years ago. :dunno

Maybe Martinez is at the front of Clowneys mind because HE fears Taylor?!

Told you:

ACC official, Pereira say they'd eject Jadeveon Clowney for 'The Hit'

At Big 12 media days, SBNation.com's Steven Godfrey asked Fox Sports officiating guru and one-time Pac-12 officiating consultant Mike Pereira how he would have officiated the play. His response:

"[E]ach conference has talked to their officials and the philsophy is when in doubt, throw ...&

"Remember what you're dealing with in targeting. It's the crown of the head. Not simply the helmet, but the crown of your head. Not the forehead. You're looking for a guy hitting who is looking at the ground."

"Boy ..."

[Pereira still can't make up his mind. Looks at frozen frame.]

"If I'm an official, based on 'when in doubt,' he's out. He's ejected. And when that goes to replay there's no way they overturn it. There's a great potential that hit causes an ejection this year."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22847609/acc-official-pereira-say-theyd-eject-clowney-for-the-hit

Told you:

At Big 12 media days, SBNation.com's Steven Godfrey asked Fox Sports officiating guru and one-time Pac-12 officiating consultant Mike Pereira how he would have officiated the play. His response:

"[E]ach conference has talked to their officials and the philsophy is when in doubt, throw ...&

"Remember what you're dealing with in targeting. It's the crown of the head. Not simply the helmet, but the crown of your head. Not the forehead. You're looking for a guy hitting who is looking at the ground."

"Boy ..."

"If I'm an official, based on 'when in doubt,' he's out. He's ejected. And when that goes to replay there's no way they overturn it. There's a great potential that hit causes an ejection this year."

http://www.cbssports...ney-for-the-hit

i do not like their standard of 'when in doubt'. boy, this will get ugly.

Told you:

"Boy ..."

You bet it's going to get ugly. We're talking about STEALING alread limited playing time from guys based on pure judgement calls. Nothing more, nothing less. It's pure horsesh#t. I'd have no problem with penalties and reviewing for possible suspensions monday morning, but good god, officials have a hard enough time as it is handling the game. Now we're gonna give them this little opportunity to have an even bigger say in the outcome?

Yep this rule is going to strait up decide many games this year, no way around it. And that is sad.

I believe so too, but then I look at the other side of it back when they came out with that rule of taunting on the way to the endzone being able to take a score off the board. That hasnt really had the effect I thought it would. Hopefully the players just flatout get the style of play adjusted so as not to put that kind of weight on the officials to begin with. They have a hard enough time.

Told you:

"Boy ..."

I think they mean when in doubt throw it and then discuss with other officials. You can't retrospectively throw a flag.