Big Ten officiating/ Arm Tackling vs. Sparty

SJB was in position to stop two td passes and goofed. That hurt.

Agree that tackling wasn't good.

No way should MSU have been able to put-up that many points on us.

Really hope we keep the scheme to what these young guys can execute and focus on tackling this year.

I am just hoping that they teach our guys to tackle. Tired of seeing them just trying to push the opponent down or missed tackles all together.

Remember when Bo first came here and how much better we looked at tackling? That's because we mixed good coaching with speed and athleticism.

Our guys know how to tackle. The problem, is when they are starting that tackle. Football is a game of angles, and it's a hell of a lot easier to tackle a guy when you are meeting him head on and not coming at him from the side and behind. I think an increase in speed will help our guys make tackles head on, instead of arm tackling from behind.

I am just hoping that they teach our guys to tackle. Tired of seeing them just trying to push the opponent down or missed tackles all together.

Remember when Bo first came here and how much better we looked at tackling? That's because we mixed good coaching with speed and athleticism.

Our guys know how to tackle. The problem, is when they are starting that tackle. Football is a game of angles, and it's a hell of a lot easier to tackle a guy when you are meeting him head on and not coming at him from the side and behind. I think an increase in speed will help our guys make tackles head on, instead of arm tackling from behind.

I second this.

Rewatching a lot of these games makes me realize that it appeared we had a bunch of guys that were afraid to take it upon themselves to make plays. It's as much a mentality as anything. I can't believe how far we have fallen off at safety. Someone needs to step up and be a leader at that position this year.

This defense will only be good if we are on the same page on all three levels. That's going to be on the linebackers and safeties to watch their film and make their reads.

Rewatching a lot of these games makes me realize that it appeared we had a bunch of guys that were afraid to take it upon themselves to make plays. It's as much a mentality as anything. I can't believe how far we have fallen off at safety. Someone needs to step up and be a leader at that position this year.

This defense will only be good if we are on the same page on all three levels. That's going to be on the linebackers and safeties to watch their film and make their reads.

For all the crap fans gave Cassidy and O'Hanlon before him, either of those guys would have made the defense much better.