Big Ten Media Days Thread

Some more tidbits from the twitter:

Lanny Holstein@937Lanny

"If Jadaveon Clowney gets thrown out for that hit, we better find another sport." - Bo Pelini

@danhoppen

Wisconsin linebacker Chris Borland said Taylor Martinez is a "nightmare" to defend when NU puts him in option-pass situations.

Zach Clark@ZClark_LGHL

Pat Fitzgerald on conf. additions: "I'm fired up about the east & the west. I think it's great for B1G football."

@danhoppen

Michigan State LB Max Bullough called his two games against Nebraska's offense the "blemish" for the Spartan defense.

@937Lanny

Taylor Martinez told me he is the fastest player in the country.

@danhoppen

Taylor Martinez has a ton of confidence in Joe Ganz. Said he thinks Ganz will have a full-time coaching gig within a year.

@danhoppen

Martinez on Ganz: "He’s going to be an awesome offensive coordinator or head coach. You can just see it in how he approaches the game.

@danhoppen

One more Martinez quote about Ganz: "I know he’s going to win a lot of national championships or Super Bowls, whatever he ends up doing.”

@Huskers

@huskerkid: @quincyenunwa Which new faces have surprised you on both sides of the ball so far?” / Nate Geary and Adam Taylor

@Huskers

Quincy on the new uniform for UCLA: I like them them. Nice change and exciting.

@HuskerExtraBC

Two hours a long time at a roundtable. By the end, Bo talking to media about Hy-Vee's meat selection.

@danhoppen

Taylor Martinez has a ton of confidence in Joe Ganz. Said he thinks Ganz will have a full-time coaching gig within a year.

@danhoppen

Martinez on Ganz: "He’s going to be an awesome offensive coordinator or head coach. You can just see it in how he approaches the game.

@danhoppen

One more Martinez quote about Ganz: "I know he’s going to win a lot of national championships or Super Bowls, whatever he ends up doing.”

tumblr_lgwv9cIfV21qzd1oo.gif

The only time I saw Pelini get riled up was when a reporter asked him if he saw the Big Ten getting closer to bridging the gap to the SEC.

Pelini doesn't care for those general conference conversations.

"You talking about Alabama?" Pelini said. "I guarantee there are a lot of teams in the SEC that aren't Alabama that wish they were Nebraska, wish they were Michigan, wish they were Ohio State. Don't talk to me about the SEC. ... You know, the whole SEC isn't Alabama, it isn't LSU, it isn't Georgia. Let's talk about certain teams. ... There are some teams in the SEC that are trying to bridge the gap to be us. Everybody wants to lump the whole SEC into one category. Let's not go there."

LJS Article

• Fire 1

After watching a lot of highlites of Gerry, and seeing enough of the other guys coming in and the ones we already have, I'll be shocked as hell if Gerry is not a starting safety by mid-season.

I already stated in another thread....he's going to be NEB's Janovich.

A physical/athletic specimen that will see the field...not just on special teams. He just seems like a player that you have to get on the field right away and see how he performs.

The only time I saw Pelini get riled up was when a reporter asked him if he saw the Big Ten getting closer to bridging the gap to the SEC.

Pelini doesn't care for those general conference conversations.

"You talking about Alabama?" Pelini said. "I guarantee there are a lot of teams in the SEC that aren't Alabama that wish they were Nebraska, wish they were Michigan, wish they were Ohio State. Don't talk to me about the SEC. ... You know, the whole SEC isn't Alabama, it isn't LSU, it isn't Georgia. Let's talk about certain teams. ... There are some teams in the SEC that are trying to bridge the gap to be us. Everybody wants to lump the whole SEC into one category. Let's not go there."

LJS Article

Bo killed that quote, exactly how I feel.