Any chance we shock the Nation as Auburn did?

Let's say we have a 50/50 chance in each game against Michigan, Penn State and the B1G champ game. A 70/30 chance against Sparty and UCLA. And a 50/50 chance we run the table against the rest of them. Then a 25% chance we get into the Rose Bowl (BCS champ bowl this year) and win it:

0.5 x 0.5 x 0.7 x 0.7 x 0.5 x0.25 = 1.53% chance. So our chances are about 1 in 65. Give or take. :lol:

Don't you want to leave that last 25% off of your calculation, as the preceding calculation should provide you with your chance of getting to the game, then take that times what you believe your chance of winning the championship game alone?

Edit: should have added a smart ass emoticon, but failed

Kansas State and Notre Dame almost played for the title last year. K-State could have won the national title. K-State blew it and Alabama swooped in and trounced the Irish. So anything is possible. We get past UCLA, mature, top Michigan on the road and upset Ohio State, well, you never know, we could end up seeing a weaker team in the BCS title game. And if we did, we could absolutely win the title. A lot of ifs, but after what happened last year, I am not going to count us out.

I'm going to say yes there's a chance. After re-watching the bowl game against Georgia, I'm further convinced our offense is going to be dominant this season. I think we were just scratching the surface last year.

There are plenty of concerns with this team, they've been discussed at length. I think our offense will be good enough to give us a chance to win every game.

Whaa whaa whaat's happened to you!?

I can feel the kool-aid rise in this one.....

The Dude Rises...

I think the defensive line with take its bumps and bruises with its share of mistakes (and getting beat), however, the LBs and the secondary will shine. Also, the offense will be even better and more refined this year IMO. Taking into account these predictions, this is why I predict a 11-1 or 12-0 regular season for the Huskers.

Everything hinges on how the front seven plays this year, specifically, the d-line. We struggled mightily to get penetration last year with just four down linemen, and that was one of the big reasons our defense struggled.

At least our LB's won't be tripping over Chase Rome this year. :D

Is it possible? Hell yes it is. Is it likely? No. When was the last time a team with only 3 or 4 returning starters on D and freshman or redshirt freshman making up a majority of the rest of the 2 deep on D won a national championship. I can't think of any but maybe someone else can.

That being said if our defense progresses week by week and makes huge strides by the end of the year - and - we limit turnovers offensively - and- our defense creates more big plays and turnovers (even if we give up a fair amount of big plays) then I think we can hang with any one. Unless BAMA or LSU just turn out to be phenomenal this year.

Cam Newton was the surprise to most. SEC schools knew his ability, the rest not so much. Taylor will not be a surprise to anyone. He should have his best year this, and if the offense can score on the top defenses we actually have a chance of being better than most predict. The defense needs to step up no question. Just be serviceable and the offense as good as projected, who knows what can happen. Still concerned about UCLA, honestly more than anyone else. Hearing some good things about their team out here.

Cam Newton was the surprise to most. SEC schools knew his ability, the rest not so much. Taylor will not be a surprise to anyone. He should have his best year this, and if the offense can score on the top defenses we actually have a chance of being better than most predict. The defense needs to step up no question. Just be serviceable and the offense as good as projected, who knows wha

t can happen. Still concerned about UCLA, honestly more than anyone else. Hearing some good things about their team out here.

Uh,

They're widely considered to be the fourth best team in the conference behind Oregon, Stanford and ASU.