Coaches poll is out

part of me thinking ohio state is going to drop like a 2012 USC...

should have prolly lost the Cal (3-9) game - kicker couldn't make anything. barely squeeked by michigan state (7-6), almost lost to Indiana (4-8), didn't exactly dominate Purdue (6-7). Only really big wins were their dismantling of the Huskers and @ a 7-5 Wisconsin team that was likely already prepping for us. Not a really dominant 12-0 run. Could have been 8-4 easily.

Not too controversial, I guess. The 17-20 range seems to be the standard starting spot for Nebraska these days, so #18 is just fine. We'll have opportunnities to move up.

I don't follow Kansas State, but why are they not on here? Doesn't Snyder get the benefit of the doubt at this point?

That seems almost...amazingly reasonable.

If I was nitpicking I'd say that Okie Lite and Texas are a little too high, but then I'm not sure who I'd move ahead of them...probably OU, Mich, and us but you can justify it the other way as well. Otherwise this seems pretty good.

Tell that part of you not to say things in public.

Just kidding. But seriously, they may drop a game or two, but I don't see many similarities to this year's Ohio State team and last year's USC team. USC had an absurdly over-hyped QB, and a couple legit WRs, but little else. I guess you might be onto something if Ohio State's depth is as non-existent as USC's. But more important than anything roster-related, there's a huge difference between Urban and Lane.

should have prolly lost the Cal (3-9) game - kicker couldn't make anything. barely squeeked by michigan state (7-6), almost lost to Indiana (4-8), didn't exactly dominate Purdue (6-7). Only really big wins were their dismantling of the Huskers and @ a 7-5 Wisconsin team that was likely already prepping for us. Not a really dominant 12-0 run. Could have been 8-4 easily.

Watched the Purdue game on BTN last night. Purdue missed two FGs and Ohio St. scored a TD and 2 pt with under a minute to force OT. Purdue choked.

Tell that part of you not to say things in public.

Just kidding. But seriously, they may drop a game or two, but I don't see many similarities to this year's Ohio State team and last year's USC team. USC had an absurdly over-hyped QB, and a couple legit WRs, but little else. I guess you might be onto something if Ohio State's depth is as non-existent as USC's. But more important than anything roster-related, there's a huge difference between Urban and Lane.

Yep, they are both douchebags, but at least Urban is a competent douchebag who knows how to coach.