****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC 1m

Tim Beck isn't shy to bounce ideas off his players. "He'll ask us, 'What do you think about this play?'" http://bit.ly/19Q3rjw #Huskers

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC 40s

“I think he’s a great coach, because he works with his players, not just at his players," fullback C.J. Zimmerer said of Beck. #Huskers

I really hope we can keep him for a long time.

Oops, I posted a thread derailer. It's gone. This is great twitter news though. Love when the coaches ask for the players input. Good to hear.

Vincent Valentine Jr@TheRealVRVJ 1h

Persistence is key. Grind now, shine later. Every day is just another opportunity to get better. Keep pushing.

Hopefully this means he is getting it. I like hearing this though, just hope we see it on Saturdays.

One of the insiders over on RSS got some texts from an ex-player that was at practice. Said VV was showing a better attitude. Hopefully he's turning a corner.

Also said:

T Newb is FAST

TM's motion looking smoother, ball coming off his hand with a little more pop

Jake Cotton showing plenty of aggression, even without pads

Curry is a blackshirt prototype(whether that means attitude, build, and/or talent I don't know)

Bo's demeanor is becoming more like McBride's, still intense but a little more playful(I'd say that shows some in doing the Harlem Shake video)

I can see the last one, doubt Bo would've made an idiot out of himself in a Harlem S

This also echoes something I heard a few days ago that Newby was an absolute stud in summer workouts. Quick, shifty, almost untouchable without pads. Don't know how it translates with pads, though. I sent EZ-E a PM about this.

I am hopeful that Newby can be that take it to the house RB that we haven't had since Helu left. Sure Rex and Ameer are straight gamers, but when was the last time we saw a RB (Taylor doesn't count) take it 60+ yards. There have been plays where Rex and Ameer didn't have that extra gear....sounds like Newby does.

Persistence is key. Grind now, shine later. Every day is just another opportunity to get better. Keep pushing.

Hopefully this means he is getting it. I like hearing this though, just hope we see it on Saturdays.

One of the insiders over on RSS got some texts from an ex-player that was at practice. Said VV was showing a better attitude. Hopefully he's turning a corner.

Also said:

T Newb is FAST

Curry is a blackshirt prototype(whether that means attitude, build, and/or talent I don't know)

Bo's demeanor is becoming more like McBride's, still intense but a little more playful(I'd say that shows some in doing the Harlem Shake video)

I can see the last one, doubt Bo would've made an idiot out of himself in a Harlem S

This also echoes something I heard a few days ago that Newby was an absolute stud in summer workouts. Quick, shifty, almost untouchable without pads. Don't know how it translates with pads, though. I sent EZ-E a PM about this.

I am hopeful that Newby can be that take it to the house RB that we haven't had since Helu left. Sure Rex and Ameer are straight gamers, but when was the last time we saw a RB (Taylor doesn't count) take it 60+ yards. There have been plays where Rex and Ameer didn't have that extra gear....sounds like Newby does.

Rex went 57 against Southern Miss, 61 against Idaho State and 73 against Ohio State...

• Fire 2

Also said:

T Newb is FAST

Rex went 57 against Southern Miss, 61 against Idaho State and 73 against Ohio State...

I knew someone would mention these two...I more meant against good competition....I don't remember the Ohio state one though. But I still think most of us agree that Rex didn't have that take it to the house speed. Not a bash towards him, that just wasn't his main game.

IIRC rex didnt' score on 2 of those runs.

still ran 50+ but lacked the true breakaway speed.

also, who was the lead recruiter for Gregory?

he has 3 yrs or 2?

Gregory is a 3 for 3 guy. I think JP was his lead recruiter.

great news. hopefully he pans out, you know, that we have a nugget.

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC3m

At safety, “I think it’s a wide-open battle in some respects because I think we have more depth there than people realize," Papuchis said.

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC1m

Don't put him at the front of the list just yet, but LeRoy Alexander starting to get mentions from coaches in safety battle. #Huskers

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC

Papuchis named off six guys in heat of safety battle: H. Jackson, Cooper, C. Jackson, Alexander, Green, Gerry. #Huskers