****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

Boom. Saw that coming, but not so soon. Hopefully speaks to the staff's confidence in the other guys we have at safety. I know I just said Gerry could be something special at safety in another thread, but I think he could be an even better OLB. He has first round ability at that position imo.

Didn't Osborne do this quite a bit in his days? Take a big athletic safety with some speed and move them to LB.

Yep...Jamal Williams. Remember him blowing up the Florida QB for a safety in the 96 Fiesta Bowl.

There are much earlier examples than that even. Troy Dumas. Ed Stewart. Lorenzo Brinkley. Ernie Beler.

When the restructuring of the defense took place from the 52 to the 43, that's exactly what they did all across the board. Corners moved to safety. Safeties moved to LB. Linebackers moved to DE. I still dont understand to this day exactly how Trev Alberts won the Butkus Award. He wasnt a Linebacker that year. He was a defensive end. Travis Hill, Dwayne Harris, Dontae Jones, were all OLB in the old 5-2. It just flat out about speed.

I think Trev won the Butkus because it was all semantics. Even up to the '94 team, the rush ends were given the position of OLB. It didn't quite make sense, but that's the position they were named.

I see that, and was going to mention it. Even in '94, guys like Harris and Jones were listed on the roster as OLB. So im sure it was just a technical terminology thing.

Benning and Sharp were saying today that Gerry is "thick". We have all seen the pictures, but he is a well-built guy. For him to make the move to LB is not that big of a reach.

Especially since Lavonte David was 6'1" 225lbs when he was a senior and Gerry is 6'2" 220lbs as a freshman.

I think he'll be fine.

What make Lavonte so great were his instincts and his ability to not let blockers "get on him". Gerry has the speed we all want on the field, but size and speed won't automatically make him a great OLB.

Benning and Sharp were saying today that Gerry is "thick". We have all seen the pictures, but he is a well-built guy. For him to make the move to LB is not that big of a reach.

Especially since Lavonte David was 6'1" 225lbs when he was a senior and Gerry is 6'2" 220lbs as a freshman.

I think he'll be fine.

What make Lavonte so great were his instincts and his ability to not let blockers "get on him". Gerry has the speed we all want on the field, but size and speed won't automatically make him a great OLB.

You have to understand though when the kids come in for their official visits and camps (one or the other maybe both cant remember) they are put through a series of tests to see if they are hiding any injuries, bat fat, and how much weight their frame can carry. My buddy use to work in the Athletic Trainers office at UNL. He said when they brought Murtha through and they looked at his knees he knew that he would have problems.

The same applies for Gerry. Maybe I am wrong, but the word was that he doesn't have the frame to support 230+.

I think he'll be fine.

You have to understand though when the kids come in for their official visits and camps (one or the other maybe both cant remember) they are put through a series of tests to see if they are hiding any injuries, bat fat, and how much weight their frame can carry. My buddy use to work in the Athletic Trainers office at UNL. He said when they brought Murtha through and they looked at his knees he knew that he would have problems.

The same applies for Gerry. Maybe I am wrong, but the word was that he doesn't have the frame to support 230+.

What do they use the bat fat for? :P

I think he'll be fine.

He's 18 and with some people, growth and increasing bone density continues into their twenties. I think he's fine.

Plus, if that guy did give you medical data on a player, he just committed a HIPPA violation. As someone in the healthcare field, I'm required to report the negligence and will do so immediately if true.

If you are in the medical field then you should know it's HIPAA.

• Fire 3

I think he'll be fine.

He's 18 and with some people, growth and increasing bone density continues into their twenties. I think he's fine.

Plus, if that guy did give you medical data on a player, he just committed a HIPPA violation. As someone in the healthcare field, I'm required to report the negligence and will do so immediately if true.

I think you need to relax.

Have the perfect gif but cant post it!!

tumblr_m9ycg80exk1qjczh3o1_500.gif