****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

I can barely handle reading this without pouring myself a cup of kool aid. Natty champs or busy!
With the recent rumblings we've read about Gregory and Gerry....I have been injecting that Kool-aid straight into my veins! Getting mo of that sh#t in my blood stream...screw the digestion process!
  • Fire 1

Lots of positivity so far out of camp from the staff. Hopefully that's a good sign. Of course, wasn't it Bo who said Arod had the potential to be the best lineman we've ever had?

He didn't even use the word potential. He said Rodriguez will be one of the great ones to ever play here. But, that was a long time ago. . .

Lots of positivity so far out of camp from the staff. Hopefully that's a good sign. Of course, wasn't it Bo who said Arod had the potential to be the best lineman we've ever had?

He didn't even use the word potential. He said Rodriguez will be one of the great ones to ever play here. But, that was a long time ago. . .

As in literally 3 years ago.

Shuffling Gerry around makes me nervous. If he has the potential to be a good-to-great safety. Put him there, redshirt him, let him learn the finer points of the position in Pelini's system, and let him be a long-term solution there.

Moving him around to "get him on the field" is fine, as long as you actually get him on the field, more than a cute token amount. I'd hate to see it turn into another Corey Cooper-type deal.

• Fire 2

Shuffling Gerry around makes me nervous. If he has the potential to be a good-to-great safety. Put him there, redshirt him, let him learn the finer points of the position in Pelini's system, and let him be a long-term solution there.

Moving him around to "get him on the field" is fine, as long as you actually get him on the field, more than a cute token amount.

So in 3 weeks you can bitch about us never playing freshman and not getting the best athletes on the field somehow? C'mon man.

• Fire 2

Moving him around to "get him on the field" is fine, as long as you actually get him on the field, more than a cute token amount.

So in 3 weeks you can bitch about us never playing freshman and not getting the best athletes on the field somehow? C'mon man.

I question if he's really that kind of player, if he's not locking down that wide-open safety spot. If he's so good you have to do . . . something, anything . . . to get him on the field, and his position is wide open, it doesn't add up that you would have to move him to get him on the field.

I question if he's really that kind of player, if he's not locking down that wide-open safety spot. If he's so good you have to do . . . something, anything . . . to get him on the field, and his position wide open, it doesn't add up you would have to move him to get him on the field.

Or maybe the competition at safety is tighter than competition at this linebacker/glorified nickel spot. We really dont know. But do you see my point about the double standard a little. Not necessarily saying you'd be bitchin. That was the wrong context, but many others would be. Personally, I think this is just another glorified nickel situation/peso. Just a way to get this kid on the field one way or another, but he has to learn it from a linebacker mentality against the more balanced offenses we face. Back in the Big12 days, our nickel/dime/peso's could learn from a DB standpoint because we were facing teams that passed 75-80% of the time. Now it's much more 50/50, if not more running. I think they're just putting him in a postion to learn a linebacker's concepts and mentality so he can much more effective if they do put him in nickel and dime situations. Not to mention, just by looks, he's more physically ready to play that spot than any other safety on the team.

I question if he's really that kind of player, if he's not locking down that wide-open safety spot. If he's so good you have to do . . . something, anything . . . to get him on the field, and his position is wide open, it doesn't add up that you would have to move him to get him on the field.

This is the same with Charles Jackson IMO.........get him on the field....not just on special teams.

It's interesting how the fans seem to know who the best players are. Especially the ones who don't play.

Of course we do. It's obvious that the coaches don't know what they're doing because they only want to play players who know the system even though there are better athletes on the bench. Except when they are trying to get the best athletes on the field because they are moving them around too much and not letting them play the positions they are used to. Then we have plenty of good athletes that can play so there isn't a need to move the best athletes around because the coaches already had the best athletes playing.

That should be obvious.

• Fire 1

"@JoshHarveyFOX: #Nebraska is experimenting with Nate Gerry at linebacker. More to come on @BigRedReport #huskers"

Boom. Saw that coming, but not so soon. Hopefully speaks to the staff's confidence in the other guys we have at safety. I know I just said Gerry could be something special at safety in another thread, but I think he could be an even better OLB. He has first round ability at that position imo.

Didn't Osborne do this quite a bit in his days? Take a big athletic safety with some speed and move them to LB.

But do you see my point about the double standard a little. Not necessarily saying you'd be bitchin. That was the wrong context, but many others would be.

No, there is no double standard. Last year when people were calling for the much-hyped freshmen to get playing time, they weren't talking about inventing positions for them, or shuffling them around to get them on the field along-side the guys who weren't working out. They wanted them to replace the players that weren't working out.

But the rest of what you're saying is as valid as any other speculation. I was just saying it makes me nervous, not stating absolutely it's the wrong thing to do.