Lavonte David emerging as leader of Buc's defense

In my lifetime (22 years), I've never seen a linebacker that had better instincts that Lavonte. He always found the ballcarrier, always finished the play, and had the speed and quickness to cover receivers.

Not to mention he never said a negative thing about his teammates/coaches or got into trouble off the field.

agree, class act all the way.

like others have said... this is not surprising. David had (and has) it all. Speed, quickness, great anticipation, excellent angles, great tackling skills, fantastic focus/effort/intensity. The sky is the limit for him. Expect an all-pro season from him.

Very tough for OLB in a traditional 4-3 scheme to make the pro bowl. They usually lose out to 3-4 "backers" with the sexy sack statistics. I think it is wrong bc 34 backers are glorified d ends. But he will have trouble beating out clay Mathews AMD demarcus ware for pro bowl spots. I think lavonte will have a long dominant career in the NFL.and I hope he makes multiple pro bowls. Way to represent

In my lifetime (22 years), I've never seen a linebacker that had better instincts that Lavonte. He always found the ballcarrier, always finished the play, and had the speed and quickness to cover receivers.

Not to mention he never said a negative thing about his teammates/coaches or got into trouble off the field.

I would have to agree. I came to NE in 1969 and I have never seen a guy cover side line to side line like David. He was a special talent at NU.