Booster pretty much calling out Bo

The guy is a huge husker fan, and just like everyone else the media will search for any quotes and pull them out of a hat for it to fit their writing. Even with those quotes out of context, i don't think anything wrong was said. He's damn right about eliminating the blowout losses and getting us where we need to be. And if we don't make it to the B1G championship game with this schedule then hell yeah theres a problem.

I haven't read all the response's but, if you donated that much money, I think some of you would feel the need to talk. Especially when Nebraska narrowly escaped a 7-5 season last year.

Yes but why wait till the first week of fall practice to come out of the wood works to create this negative distraction around the football team when he could have done this a week or so after the Georgia loss.

We had a positive outlook of the football team with first the Harlem Shake video that Bo himself allowed his team to do and himself to participate in. Then you have the Jack Hoffman TD during the spring game one that Bo and several others made happen that captured a lot of hearts and national attention not to mention an ESPY award for Jack Hoffman. This football team was gaining a lot of positive momentum heading into fall camp and now you have a story like this that just doesn't make any sense

What kind of journalist searches out a booster for quotes in an article about the status of a major football program? Yes, major fail by the booster, but tool bag of he year award goes to this writer. Must be desperate for attention with an article like that.

Agreed. We're on the same page on this. Both guys teamed up to really make a circus out of this ordeal.

I reiterate again. If this booster genuinely cared and knew better, he'd a just kept his mouth shut. This kinds of things NEVER EVER EVER turn out in a positive light for anyone. I'm young, but I'm old enough to know that much.

OK, I just read the article. I don't see what the fuss about it is.

It's a factually correct article from what I can tell, highlighting the less-than-exemplary parts of Pelini's resume. Is it negative in tone? Yes. Did Olson leave out parts of the interview? Yes. But, reading through what the booster said, he's not calling for Pelini's head. He said two things that are true in the current situation - Pelini has to eliminate the bad losses and his teams have to finish the season better. And if he doesn't, he's going to be in trouble. There's nothing incorrect about those two claims. I'm sure many of you have said or would say similar things if asked that question. Interviews always last for several minutes and reporters only pull bites. Readers/viewers only ever see a small portion of a conversation between reporter and interviewee.

Furthermore, I disagree with the idea that Olson took the booster's comments out of context, or was perhaps misleading. The booster said nothing, in my opinion, that required a sunshine pumping quote to balance the article. Even if Olson neglected to say what his article's premise was, it's an interviewee's responsibility to answer/not answer a question and the reporter's responsibility to ask the damn question anyways.

I know many of you think program criticism is OK but that this article perhaps went about it the wrong way. From what I can tell, there's a lot of speculation in this thread that's unfounded or one-sided. I don't know if Olson has come out and defended his article at all, but if he hasn't, we can't take the booster's words as gospel that he had no idea what was going on. And don't defend speculation by saying it's just your 'opinion.' An opinion needs facts to support it, otherwise, it's just BS.

/rant