***2015 Recruiting***

We need a class of 20-22 period not 16ish like others are mentioning.

how exactly do you suppose that will work

Heard of attrition? We have it each year and never account for it

We currently have 12 commits (13 counting Walton) and that would put us at 85 scholarships without counting Turner or Moss. We're going to need some attrition to be able to take 16.

How many non contributors are sucking our roster dry?

How many of those in the past have been cut loose? Bo has already said that it s up to the coaches to bring in contributers. If they are actually student athletes, they stay on scholarship

So if they are not athletically good enough to help the team why should they maintain their scholarship? What happens to a kid that gets an academic scholarship and he can't keep his gpa up? UNL has no problem yanking the scholly for that but they are above it when a kid can ride the pine and keep a 2.0? Something is broken there

A couple of key B1G rules to consider. First each team is only allowed to oversign the 85 limit by 3 and can't exceed the annual limit of 25 no matter what. Second, and I only point this out as a go forward consideration on this topic as it started this year, the conference moved to guaranteed 4 year scholarships. While that 2nd point doesn't directly affect the current players, I am betting a lot of Coaches will back date this to their entire roster for equality.

Doesn't mean you can't sit a kid down and say he won't be seeing any snaps during his career here and if he feels like playing he may want to move along

Yes, however the scholarship won't be open in time to impact a current class as the scholarship carries through the current year or the semester they are last enrolled. The 85 is set in AUG each year so your limit is set no matter how many you loose the following year. Unless Bo can get some to leave now, those scholarships will count when the books close in April.

From an attrition standpoint I would be willing to put money that one of the QB's and/or one of the RB's transfers after fallball, at least if history is any guide

Unfortunately, this is a decent possibility. Moreso at QB where we have a guy who's started for most of two years. Although he hasn't been great so perhaps they still think there's room to beat him out. RB is possible but I'm not as worried as it will be wide open for the starting spot.

Do you think Adam Taylor is going to come back full strength? I think he RS so he still have 3 years left.

I hope so. I'd like to see what he can do. But he's missed big chunks of a couple years with injuries so we'll have to see.

That's what I was thinking too. Cross, Newby and Bussey with a healthy Taylor would be great

Don't forget Wilbon.

Do you think Adam Taylor is going to come back full strength? I think he RS so he still have 3 years left.

I hope so. I'd like to see what he can do. But he's missed big chunks of a couple years with injuries so we'll have to see.

That's what I was thinking too. Cross, Newby and Bussey with a healthy Taylor would be great

Don't forget Wilbon.
From someone who got to watch the fall camp, Wilbon has the potential and skillset to be the best all-around RB on campus next year (similar to a young Ameer). Of course, that is not comparing Bussey, since he did not participate in fall camp.

Moved Dillman to TE as the consensus seems to be that's where he'll play. Sounds like we're still working on Jackson and Jones for a QB but don't have to have one.

I think the priority for the rest of the class is:

LB - Continue to see reports that Dedrick Young is very interested in us and Saleem Brightwell is set to visit.

DE - Reuben Jones is down to Michigan State and us and could very well be our next commit.

WR - Sounds like Lundie might have trouble getting here so we're looking for a third to be safe.

QB - We'd take Lamar Jackson or Sheriron Jones if we can get them to flip. If not, we probably pass this year.

OL - Not sure here. OT seems to be the target but Jackson Perry is still in the mix for OG. Zach Robertson visited and would be great.

DB - Brian Cole and Mykelti Williams are planning visits. Either would be a nice pick-up.

------------------------------------

QB - 0 - (Jackson, Jones)
RB - 1 - Bussey
WR - 3 - Lundie, Morgan (Brown, Miller, Stewart, Pinkney)
TE - 1 - Dillman
OT - 2 - Gaylord, Jurkovic (Robertson)
OG/C - 1 - Decker (Perry)

DT - 2 - C. Davis, K. Davis
DE - 2 - Neal (Jones)
LB - 1 - (Young, Brightwell)
CB - 2 - Lee, Anderson
S/N - 1 - Williams (Williams, Cole)

I agree with the Jackson/Jones or no one. We have enough young talented QB's on the roster, unless you get a home run I am fine with passing on one in this class. I am kind of the same way with Perry, it looks like we have could have one hell of a Oline class next year with up to as many as 6 OLine...but I'll trust the coaches here.

Andre Smith (I think that is his name, the LB committed to UNC that visited?) still in the mix?

• Fire 1