SIGNED QB Zack Darlington

knapplc

Just a note...he is the highest possible 3* on 247 (89 when 90 is 4*) and Rivals (5.7 when 5.8 4*). Not that it matters much, but I could see him getting that 4th star on those two services this year. Either way glad to have him! Hope he recruits Florida for us!

Here are some more tweets that I found interesting:

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip35s

Richard Darlington, on the QB competition at NU: "If you go into a BCS top 25 school, you're going to be competing for a job." #Huskers

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip

2m

Richard Darlington, on Zack's choice of #Huskers: "It was a total program thing. He just felt that's where God wanted him to be."

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip2m

Richard Darlington says Zack called Ohio State this afternoon. "I think they were surprised he wasn't even going to visit." #HuskerBRW

“It's pretty special. He went to the Bahamas for a week and prayed and said that's what he wants to do. He wants to go there. He's going to go. I asked him, 'are you sure this is where you want to go? You don't want to go to compare?' He said, 'no, this is where God wants me to be.'”

“He wants to go in there and compete,” Rick Darlington said. “He knows what's there and knows it's going to be tough. If you're a quarterback going to a BCS program, you're going to be facing competition whether it's in front of you or behind you or in the same class. That wasn't that big of a factor.”

This is just a great, great get for us. Real strong runner, fast, makes good decisions. Reminds me a bit of a young Scott Frost. Except he's stronger than Frost was at that age. We got us a quarterback, boys! :thumbs:

Just a note...he is the highest possible 3* on 247 (89 when 90 is 4*) and Rivals (5.7 when 5.8 4*). Not that it matters much, but I could see him getting that 4th star on those two services this year. Either way glad to have him! Hope he recruits Florida for us!

Espn has him as a 4* according to their bottom line. And we all know Espn is the end all be all.