SIGNED QB Zack Darlington

knapplc

I just hope that these guys are willing to buy their time and sit for awhile before starting, its looking like theres a chance it could look something like Armstrong will be a RsJr when he gets a chance to start, if he starts for 2 years then Stanton would be a RsSoph when he when he gets the nod, then Darlington would be RsSr when he gets the starting gig. Thats some serious waiting Darlington.

I wonder if we see split time in the future between our qb's. Darlington looks brillant when running zone read & play-action. I think it's gonna be a tight race between Stanton and Darlington after Armstrong graduates. Both of them posses all the intangibles and leadership qualities that you would want at the qb position.

We have recruited the QB position very well. We have quality depth there.

That depth is a huge comfort zone.

For the last few years we have been 1 T-Mart ankle sprain away from instituting a pedestrian offense and relying on our defense. And that would NOT have been an ideal scenario.

• Fire 1

We have recruited the QB position very well. We have quality depth there.

That depth is a huge comfort zone.

For the last few years we have been 1 T-Mart ankle sprain away from instituting a pedestrian offense and relying on our defense. And that would NOT have been an ideal scenario.

Agreed. Great depth and competition.

Just Awesome news about ZD.

I just hope that these guys are willing to buy their time and sit for awhile before starting, its looking like theres a chance it could look something like Armstrong will be a RsJr when he gets a chance to start, if he starts for 2 years then Stanton would be a RsSoph when he when he gets the nod, then Darlington would be RsSr when he gets the starting gig. Thats some serious waiting Darlington.

I agree with you, but think Armstrong will probably transfer next year unless he is the starter. Just because of how pro-husker Stanton and it seems like Darlington is, I don't see them leaving.

I agree with you, but think Armstrong will probably transfer next year unless he is the starter. Just because of how pro-husker Stanton and it seems like Darlington is, I don't see them leaving.

No idea what he'd do but he really SHOULD be the starter next year. He'll basically have a two year head start on the other two.

No idea what he'd do but he really SHOULD be the starter next year. He'll basically have a two year head start on the other two.

If he's not then there has to be a problem, but I think he will impress, IDK why but to me Armstrong has that "it" to him. But then again, if I knew anything I would be recruiting players not hanging out on a messageboard :P

If he's not then there has to be a problem, but I think he will impress, IDK why but to me Armstrong has that "it" to him. But then again, if I knew anything I would be recruiting players not hanging out on a messageboard :P

Just to be clear (not directed at Kansas), I think Armstrong will be a great QB. I didn't mean to imply that he would be the starter by default, in case anyone took it that way.

I wonder if we see split time in the future between our qb's. Darlington looks brillant when running zone read & play-action. I think it's gonna be a tight race between Stanton and Darlington after Armstrong graduates. Both of them posses all the intangibles and leadership qualities that you would want at the qb position.

Please no. We need to have a #1 QB that leads the team. We don't need multiple QBs going in and out of games. That very seldom works well.

There are lots of top programs around the country that recruit good QBs every year and they don't have QB controversies need to have multiple QBs playing. I have confidence that Beck and Bo will manage it well. That won't prevent some fans claiming otherwise.