SIGNED QB Zack Darlington

knapplc

Might be to soon to talk about this, but if he doesn't recover from his injury that he took today, what do we do with our QB this class. Do we still go for him or do we look elsewhere. I would guarantee any other big name school would look elsewhere if their top choice for QB had a potentially serious injury week one into his senior year....

I would guess we'll stick with him, injury or not. He can go on a medical exemption if he needs to (I believe).

They'll have a decent idea in a couple weeks as to what the doctors suggest. Just have to wait and see what they tell him. If it's iffy, I'm sure we'll do some more looking.

I agree that we will most likely stick with him..... But is that always the smart thing to do? They need to start looking at if this is his first Concussion or injury like this. I think our QB position is in good hands for the next 4-5 years. So we will see what happens

we could (easton) stick with him. or not..

Right, as I said above he was breathing on his own so no brain damage due to lack of oxygen, more so from the brain bouncing around from the helmet to helmet hit and the helmet to ground. Combine that with a previous injury to the area from earlier in the year and in the first half (unconfirmed) and its a recipe for a very bad situation.

I agree that we will most likely stick with him..... But is that always the smart thing to do?

It's the right thing to do and that's what matters.

Landlord I respect you and your opinions on this board, I am just not sure how it is the "right" thing to do. Ya I would love to see this kid play QB at Nebraska, and I agree that we need to stick with kids to see if they will recover. Is this what separates schools from the $EC and other conferences and us??

I agree that we will most likely stick with him..... But is that always the smart thing to do?

It's the right thing to do and that's what matters.

Landlord I respect you and your opinions on this board, I am just not sure how it is the "right" thing to do. Ya I would love to see this kid play QB at Nebraska, and I agree that we need to stick with kids to see if they will recover. Is this what separates schools from the $EC and other conferences and us??

We offered the kid a scholarship to come play here and he accepted. The thing about it is that it's not conditional on that much - Bo doesn't send out offers with the disclaimer of, "This is only good if..." It's essentially saying we're taking a chance on you, and we want you to take a chance on us.

You don't ask a kid to take a chance on something that's not dependable. So you honor that commitment that he gives you, unless he makes the decision for himself that football at Nebraska or anywhere isn't going to be his future. It's Zack's decision to make for himself, and if Bo decided to start looking elsewhere, he's making that decision for him with no right to do so.

• Fire 4

What the hell?The kid walks off the field with some sort of injury no one knows anything about, in the first game of his senior year, and you guys are wondering if we should be looking for another QB. I don't care if he blew his knee out, its a year before he gets here. Stanton got hurt and no one suggested backing off him. Come on guys, he walked off the field, relax

What the hell?The kid walks off the field with some sort of injury no one knows anything about, in the first game of his senior year, and you guys are wondering if we should be looking for another QB. I don't care if he blew his knee out, its a year before he gets here. Stanton got hurt and no one suggested backing off him. Come on guys, he walked off the field, relax

I was (hoping) that he was more referring to if it was a career threatening injury.

My youngest son got 2 concussions last year from screwing around and the neurologist told us he is done with sports for a minimum of a year. They were 4 months apart when they happened. He told us that it could be 2-3 yrs before he is in the clear of the affects from them. I am in the same boat as Fowler and thinking he might be done for the year, if not longer.

I was (hoping) that he was more referring to if it was a career threatening injury.

That's what I was referring to. It is the second injury he has had to his head in less than a year. Last thing I wanna see is someone playing for us that has serious possibilities or history of something. If he can still play I would love for him to be a Husker. Oh and HuskerUnity a leg injury is ALOT different than a head injury....