Cody Green/Tulsa

I was with my 4 kids and my then 4 year old son at an NU basketball game

We were in the top 4-5 rows- I like to sit up there so my kids can walk around a bit and not bother anyone

No one around with exception of 2 people at the opposite end of the row

. My son wanders to the end of the row and starts talking to a young man

I motion for my boy to come back over, but the young man waives me off and nods that everything is OK

The young man is very animated and smiling, laughing back and forth with my son

He knowingly smiles and wavies at me, then puts my boy on his knee

That was Cody Green

Cody is class act and he never whined about not playing, loved by his teammates

Best of luck to him

AND the coaches know better than us as to who gives the team the best chance to win. Cody wasnt the guy, great kid none the less

• Fire 6

I wonder if Tulsa regrets hitching their trailer on the Cody Green train. They were trending up before he got there. Had the pleasure of meeting their staff on a recruiting visit. Great bunch of people. Hope they get things straightened out.

Why would they regret it? He went 9-3 last year won the CUSA Championship and won a bowl game.

• Fire 1

We were in the top 4-5 rows- I like to sit up there so my kids can walk around a bit and not bother anyone

I motion for my boy to come back over, but the young man waives me off and nods that everything is OK

That was Cody Green

Best of luck to him

AND the coaches know better than us as to who gives the team the best chance to win. Cody wasnt the guy, great kid none the less

Cool story. And, I agree, best of luck to Mr. Green at Tulsa.

Yes, Cody was a great young man. He was a class act. With that being said, I truly believe (maybe moreso hope) that any negative comments toward him and/or his play at Tulsa are more directed to the folks that think Cody leaving was a catastrophic loss and used it to fuel anti-Bo agendas.

It's always a topic of discussion when someone transfers. We have the "Coaches screwed him over and ran him off crowd" versus the "he didnt want to work hard, let him go crowd". While everyone forgets that true point that if theres any doubt of being here whatsoever, they need to move on regardless. It's not fair to said player or our team and program for someone to be here if their heart is not in it.

Yes, Cody was a great young man. He was a class act. With that being said, I truly believe (maybe moreso hope) that any negative comments toward him and/or his play at Tulsa are more directed to the folks that think Cody leaving was a catastrophic loss and used it to fuel anti-Bo agendas.

It's always a topic of discussion when someone transfers. We have the "Coaches screwed him over and ran him off crowd" versus the "he didnt want to work hard, let him go crowd". While everyone forgets that true point that if theres any doubt of being here whatsoever, they need to move on regardless. It's not fair to said player or our team and program for someone to be here if their heart is not in it.

This is how it is for me, I wasn't meaning to bash him in anyway..

Leave it to the greatest fans on earth to kick a young man when he is down. Sorry to hear of his struggles last night, wish him the best of luck.

The sad part is we have people wishing Martinez wasn't here also. Sad how so many know so much, but know so little.

• Fire 1

That was Cody Green

Best of luck to him

Loved this story!!

These kids strap on a uni and get out on the field and we dehumanize them. We start to think they owe us something or we have license to trash them.

Seems as though everything worked out as it should.

I watched a lot of the game and I think he is not the guy we want here. Good luck to him though. Seems like a good guy.

I wonder if Tulsa regrets hitching their trailer on the Cody Green train. They were trending up before he got there. Had the pleasure of meeting their staff on a recruiting visit. Great bunch of people. Hope they get things straightened out.

Why would they regret it? He went 9-3 last year won the CUSA Championship and won a bowl game.

He had very, very little to do with their W/L record last year. Stack the box, stop the run, and the games over. The 7 points they scored last night was the fewest they've put up since 09 against OU. They were trending up, with that high flying offense of theirs (which they completely changed to a run heavy O when C Green got there), and now they're stuck with a mediocre to poor qb when they could've spent the past 2 years developing someone else.

Everything I have ever heard about Cody Green is that he is a really tremendous person and a class act. But good lord, how did he ever get a 4 star billing coming out of high school?

Hit and miss. The PowerBall winner odds is better than recruiting game ;). For example, Marlon Lucky was 5 stars and I believe Sam Bradford was only 2 stars and very few offers. Recruiting battles was way over rated, always have been, always will be.

Everything I have ever heard about Cody Green is that he is a really tremendous person and a class act. But good lord, how did he ever get a 4 star billing coming out of high school?

Hit and miss. The PowerBall winner odds is better than recruiting game ;). For example, Marlon Lucky was 5 stars and I believe Sam Bradford was only 2 stars and very few offers. Recruiting battles was way over rated, always have been, always will be.

Bradford was the highest three-star but I agree with the rest.

Cody Green's biggest fault was not living up to the hype, and really it was of no fault of his own. He came to NU as a very raw talent. He missed an entire year of playing in high school. The biggest mistake of our current coaching staff was not redshirting him. The coaches dropped the ball on Cody Green. He needed to sit for a couple of years and develop rather than being thrown into the fire. I wish him all the luck at Tulsa.