\\ Official Wyoming Game Discussion Thread - 2013 Home Opener //

knapplc

The Huskers are finally back!

Behind fourth-year starter Taylor Martinez and a ridiculous host of offensive weapons, the Huskers look to keep their streak of home opener wins alive - dating back to 1985 loss to Florida State.

The defense has Blackshirts before the season for the first time in the Bo Pelini Era.

It's the 50th Anniversary of the Blackshirts tradition.

It's the 30th Anniversary of the Scoring Explosion.

It's time for some Husker Football.

DO NOT CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD

• Fire 2

While we kill time, why did tOSU go for two against a vastly inferior opponent? And they did it at least twice. If I'm Urban Meyer, I have to know I'm going to score a lot of points today. While I don't really view it as rubbing it in, would Meyer make the same move against an equal opponent like Nebraska or Wisconsin? Or is it purely because it's Buffalo that he's going for two?

I have no real point of reference as I didn't watch tOSU a lot last year, so I don't know if this is Meyer's usual means of attack.

While we kill time, why did tOSU go for two against a vastly inferior opponent? And they did it at least twice. If I'm Urban Meyer, I have to know I'm going to score a lot of points today. While I don't really view it as rubbing it in, would Meyer make the same move against an equal opponent like Nebraska or Wisconsin? Or is it purely because it's Buffalo that he's going for two?

I have no real point of reference as I didn't watch tOSU a lot last year, so I don't know if this is Meyer's usual means of attack.

Answer is simple: Meyer is a douchebag. Always has been

Oregon does this all the time, they do a swinging gate and if it's not covered then they get the quick 2. But this is something that Urban has never done before so it could be a dick move.

And I've seen teams like Oregon and Boise State go for two all the time regardless of opponent. I don't want to be too critical if this is something Meyer usually does, but if it isn't, like you suggest, then I find it very cheeky. I'll have to see what he does against an opponent of equal fight. I'm curious if the first two conversions were from that swinging gate play.

Oregon does this all the time, they do a swinging gate and if it's not covered then they get the quick 2. But this is something that Urban has never done before so it could be a dick move.

And I've seen teams like Oregon and Boise State go for two all the time regardless of opponent. I don't want to be too critical if this is something Meyer usually does, but if it isn't, like you suggest, then I find it very cheeky. I'll have to see what he does against an opponent of equal fight. I'm curious if the first two conversions were from that swinging gate play.

Pretty sure the first one was the Backup QB just running in, but the 2nd one was a swinging gate type play.

Answer is simple: Meyer is a douchebag. Always has been

That may be true. But he might just be practicing the two point conversion. Naw. I like the douchebag theory better. :lol: