What do YOU want to see in the Southern Miss game?

Danimal

On O I want us to take advantage of our receiving talent and put the rock down the field. We didn't do that against Wyo and it hurt us, hell Bo and Beck admitted as much. I think the staff's "go totally vanilla" attitude towards that game affected the player attitude. Want to see a more Oregon-like, aggressive "we came to break the scoreboard" attitude.

D-linemen not named Gregory getting more pressure. D across the board closing the deal when getting pressure. Tackles for loss are often drive-killers. We missed too many opportunities against Wyo and it was a huge issue last year against UCLA last year. I also want to see us protect the middle of the field better.

Play a more basic 4-3 base even if they spread us out some. We've done it before and other teams do it all the time. I really hope we change up the defense more. Play some 4-3, some Nickel, some dime. Mix it up. You can cover the spread with any of these defenses. Are matchups always going to be right? No, but put the guys out there and let them try. If you keep showing the same defense over and over at every offensive snap the other team will figure it out. We have become pretty predictable on the defensive side of the ball.

I would like to see consistency and a defense that looks like they have a clue as to what is going on on the field. I know we are young but other teams seem to be able to play young guys and win in a manner consistent with the program standards.

I have watch NE football since there was a knot hole section at memorial stadium and just have not been impressed much the last few years with are defensive effort. We should win going away this weekend and hopefully see a different QB.

• Fire 1

Better play from our secondary and quicker play-recognition from the LBs. The ball is going to come out of the hand quick in S. Miss's offense, if our secondary can give the DL four seconds I will predict 4 sacks.

Do you have that backwards?

A good pass rush can make marginal DBs look like all-americans.

When watching the game, Smith had the ball out of his hands most of the time after 3 seconds. I don't think it's too much to ask to give the DL four seconds to get to the QB. They are almost contingent upon each other at times IMO.

Better play from our secondary and quicker play-recognition from the LBs. The ball is going to come out of the hand quick in S. Miss's offense, if our secondary can give the DL four seconds I will predict 4 sacks.

Do you have that backwards?

A good pass rush can make marginal DBs look like all-americans.

It can also go the other way. (2010)