What do YOU want to see in the Southern Miss game?

Danimal

Better play from our secondary and quicker play-recognition from the LBs. The ball is going to come out of the hand quick in S. Miss's offense, if our secondary can give the DL four seconds I will predict 4 sacks.

I think we get 2-3 more take always as well. D seems a bit more ball hawkish, at least SJB is.

SJB? You mean Possibly French Interception Machine?

I want to see the Huskers bring a level of play that Southern Miss has trouble emulating. Far too often we're seeing workmanlike performances from the Huskers while the opponent is flying around like their hair's on fire, making plays.

I'm with you Knap. I want these coaches to let these kids PLAY FOOTBALL!! Let em loose! Let them play good old fashion Nebraska smash mouth football!

• Fire 1

I want to see 5 guys wreaking havoc in their backfield every play and tight pass coverage. Also, no open field runs because 8 guys are in coverage. On offense, I want to see Martinez in charge and playing with urgency, like he means to go down the field every time. Then I want to see the other QB's on the field.

I want to see a dominant front 7, but we should look dominant with any front 7 against Southern Miss. No offense to their team, but they couldn't put up more than 260 yards last year, with a less talented defense. I would like to see around the same amount. I would say anything more than 400 is unacceptable. I would like to see an offense who isn't flat, and a lot of young guys getting some reps. I really want to see us perform to what we are capable of, and not playing to our opponents level.

I want to see total domination with half of the defense ejected after the first series for decapitations of so miss players. However i won't be surprised when so miss gashes us up the middle while we seeminly take a poop on the new red N out there. I now hold all predictions and judgment until I see us play. Plus its so miss.....the same team that has lost 1,246 games straight. Holding them to 90 yards and winning 70-3 isnt impossible. Highly unlikely however with our history. We crap down our legs way too often under this staff to not enter the game with depends on. Here's hoping for the best.

I think the offense will have their head on right for this game. I'm expecting about 300 yards rushing, maybe 250 passing.

Defensively, I want to see us not making the same mistakes we've seen over the last couple of years. Less patty-caking along the d-line, linebackers making the right reads and perhaps the elusive tackle for loss making a return in a big way.