Impact of the UCLA Game

EZ-E

Yeah, I also noticed huge seams in the last two defenses that Martinez chose not to exploit, but I'm guessing that's on the coaching, and not just Pelini. Dual threat quarterbacks often get accused of getting happy feet, not staying in the pocket long enough for the receivers to break open. Generally coaches prefer the completed pass, rather than their star player in the open field against headhunting linebackers and cornerbacks. I've never agreed with the injury concern myself, since the qb who stays in the pocket is a target for a headhunting DL, but that's the way most coaches see it.

This is Martinez's senior year, his last ever as a quarterback. If he sees a seam, I want to see him turn on the burners. That's how he's gonna be remembered.

That would be how he's remembered last year. But he has one more year and he wants to be a QB not an RB. He looked different throwing last year (good thing) and IMO he looks different again this year and better. IMO let this year play out and see what he does. I think he has a legit shot to be a thrower and game manager as well as a blazing fast through the seams runner.

I've long defended Martinez as a passer, better than most Husker QBs and certainly better than his detractors try to paint him. But there is absolutely no way he suits up as a quarterback in the NFL.

Run, Taylor, run.

Yeah, I also noticed huge seams in the last two defenses that Martinez chose not to exploit, but I'm guessing that's on the coaching, and not just Pelini. Dual threat quarterbacks often get accused of getting happy feet, not staying in the pocket long enough for the receivers to break open. Generally coaches prefer the completed pass, rather than their star player in the open field against headhunting linebackers and cornerbacks. I've never agreed with the injury concern myself, since the qb who stays in the pocket is a target for a headhunting DL, but that's the way most coaches see it.

This is Martinez's senior year, his last ever as a quarterback. If he sees a seam, I want to see him turn on the burners. That's how he's gonna be remembered.

That would be how he's remembered last year. But he has one more year and he wants to be a QB not an RB. He looked different throwing last year (good thing) and IMO he looks different again this year and better. IMO let this year play out and see what he does. I think he has a legit shot to be a thrower and game manager as well as a blazing fast through the seams runner.

I've long defended Martinez as a passer, better than most Husker QBs and certainly better than his detractors try to paint him. But there is absolutely no way he suits up as a quarterback in the NFL.

Run, Taylor, run.

Perhaps. But IMO he's throwing much better this year than prior. Time will tell.

Well if Bo puts a turd in the punch bowl, it will get very warm in Lincoln. For what its worth, Bo needs to get someone like Cliff Notes to write him a game plan. Mora is no bodys fool and will undoubtably come up with a good one. We don't want to play into that, slow the game down, start Amani and play keep away.

Well if Bo puts a turd in the punch bowl, it will get very warm in Lincoln. For what its worth, Bo needs to get someone like Cliff Notes to write him a game plan. Mora is no bodys fool and will undoubtably come up with a good one. We don't want to play into that, slow the game down, start Amani and play keep away.

You want to bench a guy who ran for 1,000 yards last year, including 120 yards and two TDs against UCLA?

You want to bench a guy who ran for 1,000 yards last year, including 120 yards and two TDs against UCLA?

Brilliant!!!!

Right now im so glad we played that game against Wyoming. If we would have blown them out easily i dont think the players and coaches are quite as focused this week of practice. Getting scared like that is going to help in this game, especially the young guys that were on the field with the game on the line.

I agree. I think seeing the adjustments we needed to make - especially against their motion - will help us out greatly.

Right now im so glad we played that game against Wyoming. If we would have blown them out easily i dont think the players and coaches are quite as focused this week of practice. Getting scared like that is going to help in this game, especially the young guys that were on the field with the game on the line.

I agree. I think seeing the adjustments we needed to make - especially against their motion - will help us out greatly.

I am also glad we played again last week. These young kids need game experience.

Been saying this all week.

That may actually help us recruit!

KIDS LIKE WARM WEATHER AND COOL UNI'S

KIDS LIKE WARM WEATHER AND COOL UNI'S

This! If it gets warm in Lincoln with our alternate uni's we may have just found the perfect fit. Walker and Powell are NU locks.

I said it the day it happened.

So . . . yeah . . . .

• Fire 1

I said it the day it happened.

So . . . yeah . . . .

I said it before it happened, so...

tumblr_lmotekKe1E1qfqcmfo1_400.gif