What did we learn

JJ Husker

Our players can not play balls to the wall for 4 quarters

Tim Beck doesn't keep his foot on the pedal but leaves it in neutral

Papuchis is not a Defensive Coordinator. Defense has sucked since Carl has left

Bo needs to seriously think about some coaching changes in order to keep his job

Players and coaches in post game interviews that they need to learn from these types of games and from their mistakes but nothing changes

1- I cared more than the players and coaches did. Pretty sure that won't be a problem anymore..

This says it best for me. Watching Nebraska play South Dakota State next week would be like washing and waxing your car after it was totalled...by a train.

You know, when Oklahoma used to come in and beat us every year, at least one felt we left it all out there on the field. Yeah, they were heartbreakers and put everybody in a bad mood, but in the end we were usually beat by a better team even after everybody gave 102% from Osborne down to the girl passing out Gatorade.

UCLA wasn't bigger, stronger, or faster than us, and they had an 18 point hole to climb out of at one time. It seemed like the team just zoned out sometime during the second quarter and they all were all just shuffling along in their bunny slippers, waiting for the bus to take them back to their happy place. Didn't we used to have a sports psychologist on staff? I always thought that was ridiculous, but this team really needs someone in their heads, from Bo on down.

That's the overall problem with the Pelini program. We can dissect talent and scheme problems all day. At the end of it all though, there seems to be a poor mental/psychological aspect within Pelini's program that he doesn't seem to have the skill to properly manage/overcome it. If he could find a better way to motivate and discipline his teams, a lot of the more specific problems would take care of themselves.

I only saw the first half and some of the 2nd, so I can't give a 100% AAR, but what up to what I saw just into the 3rd quarter

1. That even though JJ and I may not agree on everything, I can count on him to pick a brother up

2. The D in the first quarter and a half played with a fire I hadn't seen in a while

3. RG44 is an animal, and was good to see the youngin's at LB play well

4. This reminded me way too much of the Big XII title game where we lost to OU

when I get to see a replay, I can give a better assessment...

Martinez is not a leader. When our offense stalls, it's toast. It happened that way against Wyoming and it happened that way today. 21 and done. It will be interesting to see the average starting field position for each team. UCLA won the field position battle. At this point in the season, our offense is nothing to write home about.

Our offense sucks. You nailed it, QB play is horrid and I'm counting the days at this point for change there. -13 yards rushing at the QB position, are you kidding me!?!

We are playing a QB that doesn't throw well because we thought he was a dual threat. We thought he was going to be the best running QB in school history. That's moronic to cling to at this stage.

1- I cared more than the players and coaches did. Pretty sure that won't be a problem anymore..

This says it best for me. Watching Nebraska play South Dakota State next week would be like washing and waxing your car after it was totalled...by a train.

You know, when Oklahoma used to come in and beat us every year, at least one felt we left it all out there on the field. Yeah, they were heartbreakers and put everybody in a bad mood, but in the end we were usually beat by a better team even after everybody gave 102% from Osborne down to the girl passing out Gatorade.

UCLA wasn't bigger, stronger, or faster than us, and they had an 18 point hole to climb out of at one time. It seemed like the team just zoned out sometime during the second quarter and they all were all just shuffling along in their bunny slippers, waiting for the bus to take them back to their happy place. Didn't we used to have a sports psychologist on staff? I always thought that was ridiculous, but this team really needs someone in their heads, from Bo on down.

The attitude is affecting us fans as well. I turn the game on late (thinking it was 2:30) and was shocked to see us up 21-3. My first thought was "UCLA really dropped off" didn't think to give us the credit. I watched a little before leaving for work and saw them drive and score. Went to work really indifferent. Not hopeful but not concerned. I'm following the game and after each 3 and out and score by UCLA I wasn't surprised. Wasn't even faized...more curious about how bad it would actually get...Bo's attitude is seen in the players...and I think we're starting to feel the same thing.

Offense

1. We have the most explosive set of skilled positions in the country.
  2. Taylor Martinez has 'dynamic' abilities, but he is no longer a dynamic player. Plays are there he has to take them.

Defense

1. No QB pressure.
  2. Poor Tackling. How is it that when one guys misses a tackle that there is no one around to make a play?
  3. We have the players to be a good defense.

Special Teams

1. Fake punt was the right call, but with a lineman? This is a scheme issue. What other fakes could you even run out of this punt formation? Is the third string guard going to throw an out? C'mon guys, this is big time football here.

General

1. There seems to be no gameplan around field position. Even if defense isn't giving up a ton a points, the huge plays kill field position. This defense does not set up the offense. You can't play swiss cheese defense and expect the offense to go 80+ every time. It's the same with the opposing offense. You're alot more comfortable when you're starting at the 50 most of the time....you can afford to make a mistake.
  2. Would any big time schools look to take any of our assistant coaches? Maybe Joseph......Enough said.
  3. Penalties and turnovers....welcome back.

Nicely done. Plus one'd you. Although the fake punt IMO was stupid. Don't try to catch them off guard with a snap to a guard. If you really want to get momentum and gain confidence, go all out with the offense. It proves more that you want them to convert, showing them confidence. Trick plays are nice to get back in the game during the 80's. Either punt or be a baller.

I learned that Jim Mora is a really classy seeming guy whohas a down to earth attitude, football intelligence, and charisma to inspire his players to be better.

When interviewed at halftime he didn't seem worried. He knew exactly how to fix the situation. Probably told his boys to play for pasquale in the locker room and bam! 28 pts.

He was smiling the whole second half. Made a way better impression in me than "come on, Andrew!" Bo.

Oh, so you are going to take away the umderneath pass? Here's a wheel route for you to deal with.

So you are manning up on the te? Here goes a deep out. Recievers clear out the corner and bam! 20 yard gain.

He's a genious. Kind of guy I'd like to play for.

Martinez is not a leader. When our offense stalls, it's toast. It happened that way against Wyoming and it happened that way today. 21 and done. It will be interesting to see the average starting field position for each team. UCLA won the field position battle. At this point in the season, our offense is nothing to write home about.

Our offense sucks. You nailed it, QB play is horrid and I'm counting the days at this point for change there. -13 yards rushing at the QB position, are you kidding me!?!

We are playing a QB that doesn't throw well because we thought he was a dual threat. We thought he was going to be the best running QB in school history. That's moronic to cling to at this stage.

I agree......and now I've read Martinez post game comment to the effect of nothing they could do and my opinion of his leadership has plummeted further.