THE TRUTH

chamrocck

I have watched a ton of NU football (every game under Pelini) and I watch a lot of other teams. I don't live in-state and don't drink the kool-aid. I actually pick NU to lose games. I thought we'd lose this one by 14. I have mainly supported Pelini saying he needs time to work. But, we have seen other programs rise quickly while we have been stuck in second gear.

We are what we are...about a low teens to high twenty's in the rankings. UCLA football is better than us. Our offense has progressed but our defense is still our problem. Until Nebraska returns to a dominant style of defense we will never win anything of major significance.

Now I like a lot of our young players on defense but I knew we'd be overmatched vs UCLA. From this point on the defense must show marked improvement. If we do this and still lose 4 games, Pelini will keep on. If we do not, I think this is it for Pelini. Because Pelini came with that persona that he can get us to an elite defensive status, he has up until now got the benefit of the doubt. He no longer gets that benefit as we have seen this defense become one of the worst in the country. A UCLA friend of mine said this week to me, "I am not even worried about this game, Nebraska's defense is suspect and we didn't even punt in our first game." The term blackshirts are mostly used as the punchline to a joke in national media coverage. The defense must change or we must change Pelini.

These players will either rally around their coach and improve the defense. Or they will continue to take lumps on defense and then we need to get someone else next season. It's that simple.

This game was a tipping point for Bo and Co. If he refuses to make changes it'll be his undoing, if he fires his coordinators he gets more time. It's as simple as that........................Papuchis was always a WTF hire and Beck has never been a good hire IMO and he showed why today and has several times over the years since taking over the OC position.

• Fire 2

What?? What's been wrong with our RBs from back when we were running Burkhead and Helu to Brown's group which is a complete turnover in personnel at this point, bolstered by years of outstanding recruiting at the position?

Not having any real viable depth. He did have good backs. My knock being only one guy played. At least Brown has been getting some guys playing time.