Tommie Frazier Twitter reaction

The defense played a solid first half, good enough to have been up even more than 21-10. The offense proceeded to stink for 2.5 quarters. We knew the defense was green and would need some help. We knew Mora would make better adjustments at halftime than Bo.

What was not expected was the complete stinker that the offense threw up in the 2nd half, especially when even one good drive probably keeps us two TDs closer heading into the 4th.

We all know that hiring Bo was a mistake, that has been apparent for a while.

In hindsight we all should find this as no surprise. The biggest problem with this team right now aside from coaching is at the QB position. We have no pocket presence, no option game, and a weak passing game. Did I mention we rushed for -13 yards from the QB position. What did we complete, 6 of our last 17 passes. No, running the ball more was not the answer, we couldn't do that effectively either.

It's been pretty obvious for a while we've seen the ceiling of our current QB strategy, and its not a conference championship or even a bowl win.

Get the option QB in. It's time to stop fooling around and get serious about the future. I am fine with the senior QB playing, but we've got to mix it up. Unfortunately this is not something the coaching staff will pick up soon enough if at all. I guess it has to get uglier.

I put this one more on the offense. We would not get out gained 300 yards to 500 if they did their job. The offense was supposed to be unstoppable like 83 and 95 NU, what a laugh. It starts and ends with QB play. We don't have it. Sadly it sits right there on our bench.

The OC and QB are a tag team.....everything is behind the line and sideways like we're afraid to take on the other team. It's embarrassing. What used to be a relief outlet is now the play. The whole no-huddle idea looks like flag football.

TM see defenders coming 5 yards away and stops runing and stand there waiting for them to hit him.

Finally, thank you! QB play is our biggest problem right now. You simply have to be able to improvise and make something out of nothing from that position. Our QB just panics and goes into a shell. If he doesn't drop the ball in the process or fling it wildly while falling, its a ten yard loss and the drive is OVER. And we've seen this over, and over, and over.

We have some of the best skill position talent we've ever had, aside from QB. We're just trying to be nice about it. This is a message board and I'm calling it like I see it, the QB play stinks. It's time for change there, touchdown Tommy to the rescue!

TM see defenders coming 5 yards away and stops runing and stand there waiting for them to hit him.

Finally, thank you! QB play is our biggest problem right now. You simply have to be able to improvise and make something out of nothing from that position. Our QB just panics and goes into a shell. If he doesn't drop the ball in the process or fling it wildly while falling, its a ten yard loss and the drive is OVER. And we've seen this over, and over, and over.

We have some of the best skill position talent we've ever had, aside from QB. We're just trying to be nice about it. This is a message board and I'm calling it like I see it, the QB play stinks. It's time for change there, touchdown Tommy to the rescue!

I totally agree.........Im over being polite about it LOL This fast complicated offense is one thing.......but with TM running it......it doesn't work........and it won't work. It will have it's moments of brilliance, just like it has the last 3 years.....but it will be very inconsistant......JUST LIKE IT HAS BEEN FOR 3 PLUS YEARS.........Im ready to move on from the roller coaster.....the quicker the better. That sad part of it is.....the coaches on this team seem surprised that it is STILL inconsistant but many of us fans KNEW it would be with TM at the helm but yet the "bosses are totally befuddled" that is still is not working LOL

But I think he should have more to say. He was a quarterback, after all. He should know just how valuable it is for the defense to have an offense that can stay on the field.

Dude. What. The. F.

I've read about a dozen posts from you today talking about the Offense. The Offense has problems. That's understood. But you cannot absolve the Defense from blame by continually pointing the finger at the Offense.

I don't get it. It's like you're looking at the whole team and blaming half. It was an equal meltdown. It's not the Offense's fault that the Defense blew up. Again. It's not the Defense's fault that the Offense stopped scoring or moving the ball after the first quarter.

Why, when people point out that the Defense sucked today, do you constantly point the finger back at the Offense? At what point does the Defense have to stand up and take their own blame?

Read a couple of Tim Beck's quotes from today. They are spot on. The offense started the avalanche with their five million three and outs. We punt out of the end zone and UCLA gets the ball 50 yard line ish. Field position is hugely important. Hugely. And then Martinez.....our four year starter at quarterback gives the quote there wasn't much we could do. Fantastic leadership from a four year starter. The offense......the alleged strength of this years team failed. Epically.

I have no DOUBT that Tommie will HAMMER the offense on his weekly online show. I watch it every week, and even on a "good" week, he is always on the offense and doesn't mince any words about how he feels about that side of the ball either LOL He is not a Beck fan at all and has no clue why the man jumps around so much and doesn't just stick with what is working.........Im sure he will have plenty to say this week about the O

Where do you see it? I'll try to google it and post it as an edit if I find it..Nice to see another Husker in AZ on the board and sorta miss the stated locations under our user names we used to have.

But I think he should have more to say. He was a quarterback, after all. He should know just how valuable it is for the defense to have an offense that can stay on the field.

Dude. What. The. F.

I've read about a dozen posts from you today talking about the Offense. The Offense has problems. That's understood. But you cannot absolve the Defense from blame by continually pointing the finger at the Offense.

I don't get it. It's like you're looking at the whole team and blaming half. It was an equal meltdown. It's not the Offense's fault that the Defense blew up. Again. It's not the Defense's fault that the Offense stopped scoring or moving the ball after the first quarter.

Why, when people point out that the Defense sucked today, do you constantly point the finger back at the Offense? At what point does the Defense have to stand up and take their own blame?

Read a couple of Tim Beck's quotes from today. They are spot on. The offense started the avalanche with their five million three and outs. We punt out of the end zone and UCLA gets the ball 50 yard line ish. Field position is hugely important. Hugely. And then Martinez.....our four year starter at quarterback gives the quote there wasn't much we could do. Fantastic leadership from a four year starter. The offense......the alleged strength of this years team failed. Epically.

I miss having a QB that is a threat to run..Have the coaches taught him to be afraid of contact or are they grooming him for a career in the CFL?

Wow--have to admire his honesty. But personally, seeing him on the field at halftime for the induction ceremony, I found myself looking at the clock and wondering just how long it would take to petition the NCAA on his behalf for an extra year of eligibility...

What would he play????? He is a big boy now. Maybe take AROD's spot on the oline!!!

As far as Frazier goes - he can say what he wants. He's one of the best players ever to play at Nebraska. You can listen to him or not, and the University can get mad it him for saying it or not. But he's not going to change. He was a jerk as a player and he's a jerk now, but he is highly competitive and has high standards, and that's what made him so great, as a player and as a leader.

So you're saying Tommie is former player that Nebraska deserves, but not the one it needs right now?

• Fire 1
Well, I get that his opinions aren't really from left field. It's just his position as a former Husker legend. Additionally, he's coming off as a bit of a raving angryman, which makes it fair to question the actual value of his 'analysis.' If it were Damon Benning, a guy who has been critical of the staff in the past, I think I'd be more interested in the discussion. Frazier's just serving up bitter platitudes and I love him as a player and his wonderful pre-Sugar Bowl rap and all, but I don't think his fanning the flames is even making himself look good.

So Damon Benning is a better judge of what is wrong, then Tommie? What a joke.

Well, I get that his opinions aren't really from left field. It's just his position as a former Husker legend. Additionally, he's coming off as a bit of a raving angryman, which makes it fair to question the actual value of his 'analysis.' If it were Damon Benning, a guy who has been critical of the staff in the past, I think I'd be more interested in the discussion. Frazier's just serving up bitter platitudes and I love him as a player and his wonderful pre-Sugar Bowl rap and all, but I don't think his fanning the flames is even making himself look good.

So Damon Benning is a better judge of what is wrong, then Tommie? What a joke.

Damon showed better judgement in not having a video of himself rapping .......AFAIK