Husker season outlook

Fuzzy

Husker season  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We really need a D-coodinator who can coach young talent and bring them along quickly. I have serious doubts about Papuchis. The problem - Bo likes to promote from within, which is OK if you have the patience and stamina to wait for them to grow into the job. It may well take a number of years to have the O- and D- coordinators develop into championship level leaders. Meanwhile the recruiting suffers as players wonder if they will be grow into NFL talent or not. I don't think Cornhusker fans want to wait for X years for a championship coaching staff.

Too me, more important than the final record is how we play the rest of our games!

If we continue to see what we just saw in the UCLA game, something dire needs to be done period. At some point, things have to be expected to come together whether its coaching, techniques, schemes, the process or players, whatever it is, it has to be dealt with and we need to be competitive with anyone we line up against!

It just appears that we (team - coaches) are not learning from our previous experiences or losses!

Seriously, though, you know in your heart that every game for the rest of the regular season is quite winnable for Nebraska. It's not like we've got Bama, A&M, Oregon, and Ohio State on the docket. But you just want to go with the crowd going crazy right now.

and you know in your heart that every game for the rest of the regular season is quite lose-able (new word) for Nebraska. It's not like we've got Buffalo, Idaho, Middle Tennessee, Troy and Kansas on the docket. But, you just want to go with the koolaid crowd that's still half-crazy right now (and being proved even crazier with each passing debacle).

Of course they're lose-able, I'm not saying they aren't. But I'm highly doubting 7-5 or 6-6. I'd be stunned. I'd be flabbergasted. The reason I have hope is because I'm a fan. What's the point of going "Well, heck, they suck, time to have a very unenjoyable experience and watch my team expecting them to lose." That doesn't sound like fun, and that's what being a fan is about.

I'm not saying I'm expecting world-beaters, but I'm hoping for Nebraska to get it together. That's all.

I still think we go 9-3 or 10-2, but it will not be nearly as easy to recover mentally from the UCLA game as we did after last year's Ohio State game. With this year's schedule, we could have gone 10-2 with no improvement over last year at all, and it might still happen, but even so, I don't think anyone will be able to get their hopes up any higher. This was supposed to be the year that something special finally happened, but it's not going to.

MIchigan, bowl game- definite loss

Michigan st, northwestern- probable loss

Penn State,Illinois- who knows

purdue, iowa-should win

sdsu- Definite win (i hope)

sdsu- Definite win

Illinois, purdue, Minn ... NU wins

northwestern- playing in Lincoln- toss up

MIchigan? Akron nearly beat them... NU wins

Michigan st, - Penn St - Iowa ... NU wins

If NU makes it to the BIG 10 title game- possible loss

bowl game- who knows

The only games where we'll have to play our best to win are Northwestern and Michigan. Every other team on the schedule falls into that same type of team that Pelini usually wins against (barring the meltdowns I.E. Iowa State in '09). Teams that just don't have as much talent as Nebraska. Illinois is the only team before Northwestern that can give us a scare. Why? Scheelhouse. He has shown he can be a very good QB, but I also don't think they have enough at their other positions.

I'm not going to say we're going to win the rest of our regular season games this year, Northwestern and Michigan are too big of toss ups. But to predict a loss before Northwestern is an overreaction to last Saturday's game.

The only way we lose before Northwestern is if we crap the bed.