That is a good read.........and funny that artical mentions some of the greats from NE FB aka Jason Peter and Tommie (both who have been ridiculed by message board people for just being Old school haters)........but what those haters have said is SO true and is crystal clear and is a definite problem. This whole issue still comes down to "heart" for me.......it's that simple. HEART seperates the good players from being a GREAT player.........and NONE of the current roster players seem to have HEART. Some call it arrogance.......confidence........whatever...........it's what is needed to be a GREAT football players......and the kids on the field today don't have it. Funny how NICE CALM COOL PERFECT GUY Tom O could find these players with this nasty type of HEART LOL It's ironice but he did.......Tommie F.....Lawrence P.......the Peters Bros..........they all had that overly confident "I will kick your butt" mentality and soft spoken Tom O found them...........and the hot headed fiery Pelini finds wimps......GO FIGURE!

That is a good read.........and funny that artical mentions some of the greats from NE FB aka Jason Peter and Tommie (both who have been ridiculed by message board people for just being Old school haters)........but what those haters have said is SO true and is crystal clear and is a definite problem. This whole issue still comes down to "heart" for me.......it's that simple. HEART seperates the good players from being a GREAT player.........and NONE of the current roster players seem to have HEART. Some call it arrogance.......confidence........whatever...........it's what is needed to be a GREAT football players......and the kids on the field today don't have it. Funny how NICE CALM COOL PERFECT GUY Tom O could find these players with this nasty type of HEART LOL It's ironice but he did.......Tommie F.....Lawrence P.......the Peters Bros..........they all had that overly confident "I will kick your butt" mentality and soft spoken Tom O found them...........and the hot headed fiery Pelini finds wimps......GO FIGURE!

Easy on the name calling of the players dude, take it out on the coaches, that's fine, they are paid to deal with that. The players however are only as good as the coaching they're getting.

• Fire 1

What Mr. Accountability said.

Bo Pelini: "The system works. They just got to get out there and execute the formula. We can't win if the cornerback takes the sine of the angle between him and pulling guard instead of the cosine to multiply by the number of steps between himself and the defensive end on the other side of the field. Really, it's just simple trig and a few calculations based off of that."

I was going to make my own topic about it, but there's no need now. Yep. These guys are soft. They played hard when they got their prett jerseys for a half, but when things got hard, they stopped. Like they've done for 13 years and three coaches now.

Nebraska needs to stop with the arms race to get multiple, quick, small Oregon type players. They're soft too, (Oregon quits at the half because they can, and have only one rose bowl won and no title to boast of in their time among the elite). There's another team in red Nebraska should be trying to emulate. And what's worse, Nebraska was them once.

Started with recruiting big, mean guys. With success, the big name recruits started coming.

They have a vision, and follow it. Hard ass running offense with some passing, and a brutal defense.

It's even spanned multiple coaches.

No not Wisconsin, silly.

Stanford.

And I can't believe it's come to me wishing we were more like the boys is Palo Alto

The dig against Pac 12 Teams had always been that they were talented, fast, flashy, but soft. Hit their players hard a couple of plays, and they were looking to avoid contact the rest of the game and hearing foot steps.

Having said that, it still might be true. We just need to find someone (else) to hit their players hard a couple of plays and see...

I'm extremely hesitant to question the heart of our players. Unless you've actually played, I find it tough for to you say you know exactly how they fill. You really think guys like Kenny Bell are lacking the heart?

A wide receiver is the toughest player on this team? If that's true, then man....

As I posted a topic similiar and told quit talking about the players - yet this cat writes this and people agree. WE DONT HAVE THE TALENT PEOPLE - and for the players who are better aren't seeing the field enough. The below players CANNOT TACKLE or don't have the skill set. I still set the blame on Bo as a whole because it is part of coaching (and the way we are losing is mind boggling).

Ankrah - not good

Randle - not good

Green - not good

H. Jackson - not good

Cooper - not good

Zaire Anderson and Michael Rose should see the field. Period

Gerry should have stayed at safety and played over either Cooper or H Jackson - I also KNOW C Jacks is better than those two as well.

Moss and McMullen aren't better than Ankrah?

Curry and Collins aren't better than Randle?

As I posted a topic similiar and told quit talking about the players - yet this cat writes this and people agree. WE DONT HAVE THE TALENT PEOPLE - and for the players who are better aren't seeing the field enough. The below players CANNOT TACKLE or don't have the skill set. I still set the blame on Bo as a whole because it is part of coaching (and the way we are losing is mind boggling).

Ankrah - not good

Randle - not good

Green - not good

H. Jackson - not good

Cooper - not good

Zaire Anderson and Michael Rose should see the field. Period

Gerry should have stayed at safety and played over either Cooper or H Jackson - I also KNOW C Jacks is better than those two as well.

Moss and McMullen aren't better than Ankrah?

Curry and Collins aren't better than Randle?

Cooper is fine, outside of SJB he's been the best in our secondary. I will give you Randle and Ankrah, very underwhelming so far.

I say let all the young guys play, the vets that are playing right now haven't proved anything in their time here. You had your chance, move over for some young blood.

In the book "Diary of a Husker" by David Kolowski, documenting a player's perspective of Solich's last years, Tom Osborne wrote an appendix wherein he said that football was a game of blocking and tackling, and any other gimmicks are probably an indication that you aren't doing the fundamentals correctly. The first time I read that was late in Callahan's tenure, and it made me think about all the fancy shifting and formations that his offense used, which ended up taking the place of good ol' fundamentals.

Now I think of the same thing with Pelini, and this blog hits it on the head. Schemes and talent don't work without the basic fundamentals. With most coaches, you would see the hard-nosed deameanor of Pelini and imagine that fundamentals and discipline come first, but sadly it is not the case. Penalties and ball control are part of fundamentals, too. We can't get those things under control, and the tackling sucks. This team has no fundamentals or discipline.