OK sure, I'll be the first....

NUpolo8

I'll be the first one to say it and probably get blasted,( I'm not even sure what the rule is). What if Taylor is out say the next 2 or 3 games and Armstrong/Kellogg play good that Bo decides to try and get a medical redshirt for Taylor?

Nope. Taylor already used his redshirt, he will not have missed two seasons due to injury, and I'm not sure that turf toe would count as a season-ending injury (he can still play, he's just not 100%). No chance at a medical redshirt.

A special case involves the eligibility of a player who loses the majority of a season to injury. Popularly known as a medical redshirt, a hardship waiver may be granted an athlete who appears in fewer than 30% of his or her team's competitions (with none coming after the midway point of the season), then suffers a season-ending injury. A player who is granted such a waiver is treated for the purposes of his or her eligibility as though he or she had not competed in that season.

On rare occasions, a player may be allowed to play in his or her sixth year of college if he or she suffered a serious injury which kept him or her from playing for more than one season. Former Oklahoma Sooners quarterback Jason White is perhaps the best known example of this, as he had redshirted his freshman year, then subsequently tore the ACL in both knees, causing him to miss nearly two years of eligible playing time. A more recent example is former Houston Cougars quarterback Case Keenum, now a member of the Houston Texans practice squad. His story is similar to that of White; Keenum redshirted his freshman year of 2006, and then tore an ACL three games into the 2010 season, which would have otherwise been his final year of eligibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_(college_sports)

Your right he has the body of a man but can you honestly say you were a man at 23? Might point being that Taylor has given he blood, sweat, and tears to this program and has done many great things here. Is he perfect? NO. If he played hurt in the NFL he would be called a warrior but here he gets ridiculed. I will stand behind whoever Bo decides should be the starter but all of this hate directed at Taylor is misguided and needs to stop.

Your right he has the body of a man but can you honestly say you were a man at 23? Might point being that Taylor has given he blood, sweat, and tears to this program and has done many great things here. Is he perfect? NO. If he played hurt in the NFL he would be called a warrior but here he gets ridiculed. I will stand behind whoever Bo decides should be the starter but all of this hate directed at Taylor is misguided and needs to stop.

The "hate" you are referring to has been going on since he was a freshman so it's nothing new.

Someone disliking portions of someones game, while liking the person and praising other parts of his game- is not hatred.

The word is now getting overused- has lost all usefullness to those trying to avoid facts and sway opinions

+1. I don't hate the guy. I'd love to see him succeed. I just think he's a little bit of a liability is all. He hasn't looked right this year at all. May as well let him try to get healthy so maybe he can still finish out his career playing at the end rather than sitting on the bench. That's no way to go out.

Speaking of which, the Book of Manning last night was a good watch. Archie was a beast. I never realized how tough that dude was. He played his last game with a broken arm and a big cast and was still running the ball with wreckless abandon.

People that use the word "hate" to describe someone disliking portions of someones game, while liking the person and praising other parts of his game- dont know what real hatred is. It's like throwing the race card- means little to nothing, cheap theatrics.

There's plenty of 'hate' being thrown Thad Randle's direction in various threads and I haven't seen anyone stick up for him yet other than Zoogies.

People that use the word "hate" to describe someone disliking portions of someones game, while liking the person and praising other parts of his game- dont know what real hatred is. It's like throwing the race card- means little to nothing, cheap theatrics.

Nah, not so much. "Hate" in this context doesn't mean actual factual hate, it means disrespecting someone, particularly in sports, for reasons someone else finds invalid.

But I'm with you - I hate the term "hate" or "hater" because its meaning is pretty nebulous and it's WAY overused.

Nah, not so much. "Hate" in this context doesn't mean actual factual hate, it means disrespecting someone, particularly in sports, for reasons someone else finds invalid.

But I'm with you - I hate the term "hate" or "hater" because its meaning is pretty nebulous and it's WAY overused.

Hater!

Hater!

Guilty! :D

hate is a term that gets slung around to generalize the "anti-opinions". It doesnt mean (or at least I hope to hell it doesnt) literal hate. Certain people dont like Bo as a coach. They dont think he is adequate enough for the job. I label them as Bo-haters. I dotn think they really hate him, but it's just a general term. Slang if you will.

Am I really discussing this?

• Fire 1