OK sure, I'll be the first....

NUpolo8

Time heals a lot of wounds. People keep mentioning Tommie Frazier as great and in the same breath denouncing Martinez for his turnovers. Apparently people forget about Tommie's turnovers.

Carried the ball like a loaf of bread.

Or Joe "Pick 6" Ganz. Seriously, the TM hate has got to calm down a little. QB gets too much credit, and ten times that much blame when things aren't going well. Our biggest problem is on the defensive side of the ball.

I swear if I ever read another post with Joe Ganz mentioned with Tommie Frazier like they are even remotely close to each other I am going to murder 100 Oompa Loompas.

Come on people....

Time heals a lot of wounds. People keep mentioning Tommie Frazier as great and in the same breath denouncing Martinez for his turnovers. Apparently people forget about Tommie's turnovers.

Carried the ball like a loaf of bread.

Let's hope he doesn't do to footballs what he evidently does to loaves of bread now.

• Fire 1

There are people that just irrationally hate TM. I've seen it first hand. It's persistent and you can't talk reason into them at all. It doesn't matter if TM has a completely lights out game, they still hate him. They see only bad, no good, and conveniently forget that the great QB's in our programs past made a heapin' helpin' of mistakes as well, and often had the benefit of a much, MUCH better offensive line.

So two plays make him a playmaker?????!!!!! If we posted videos of his fumbles and interceptions that would take up an entire thread by itself. Inconsistent yes. True playmaker? Come on man....

TM turns the ball over too much, but it is absolutely ludicrous - essentially ignorant and befuddling - to call him anything other than a playmaker.

There are far more great things Taylor Martinez has done for Nebraska than negative.

So two plays make him a playmaker?????!!!!! If we posted videos of his fumbles and interceptions that would take up an entire thread by itself. Inconsistent yes. True playmaker? Come on man....

TM turns the ball over too much, but it is absolutely ludicrous - essentially ignorant and befuddling - to call him anything other than a playmaker.

Well inconsistent is another adjective that fits. To me a playmaker is someone you can count on and who is known for making a play when a team really needs it. I can't say that for Martinez. After 4 years he doesn't even make me nervous anymore. You never know what's going to happen with him and sorry but a lot of the times its really not pretty.

The thing that gets me is that Tommy looks like a quarterback. Not just an athlete playing quarterback.

When the chips are down and we need a big 3rd and 6 conversion on the road in the big house, man, I don't know. I love Taylor but he has shown us basically nothing so far this year.

The TM supporters here mention the word "hate" far more than any TM doubter I've ever seen.

Me, I want the guy that gives this HUSKER TEAM the best chance to win. It's not about one person, good or bad. The offense sure looked fun to watch Saturday. Not sure what to make of it yet. Hoping to get more evidence on who the best man for the job is. One thing is for sure. That man doesn't necessarily have to be the incumbent four year starting senior.

• Fire 2

When a person starts claiming he's not a playmaker, has more negatives than positives, conveniently forgets all the mistakes past great QB's have made and the circumstances they played under, etc...I'd say they've strayed well into the territory of hate. Hating the player, not the person, mind you.

This is not the case for most people. But definitely for some. It's irrational and pretty sad.