OK sure, I'll be the first....

NUpolo8

When Bo put a hobbled TM in the game.... its because Bo thought that gave the team the best chance to win. Says a bit about the backups, doesn't it?

No, it doesn't.

It says a bit about Bo's opinion about playing the backups vs. an injured Martinez. So only if you think Bo's opinion is infallible does that prove anything.

No poster here thinks Pelini's opinion is infallible - he's human and capable of making mistakes. That said, Pelini's the one in team meetings, at every practice, doing several hour long film sessions and a paid collegiate coach. And yet people act like they see something Pelini doesn't, like he's blind to the inadequacies of his football team. That couldn't be further from the truth. So, if Pelini thinks a hobbled (insert player name here) is better than a back-up, I'm inclined to trust that opinion. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.

I'm in no way saying we should all hail the mighty Pelini and think he's going to get it right every single time - that's ridiculous. But, if he makes a decision or says something, chances are, it's coming from a place far more substantial than any person on here.

In this case, if a less than 100% Taylor Martinez starts against Illinois next week, there was probably a lot of thought and evaluation that went into it that none here are privy to. Just something to keep in mind.

When Bo put a hobbled TM in the game.... its because Bo thought that gave the team the best chance to win. Says a bit about the backups, doesn't it?

No, it doesn't.

It says a bit about Bo's opinion about playing the backups vs. an injured Martinez. So only if you think Bo's opinion is infallible does that prove anything.

I'm saying, Based on lots of practices, Bo's OPINION and the input of his coaches is a LOT more accurate than the fans' opinions based on performance against an FCS team with a poor pass defense.

That's why Bo gets the big bucks and we are left to opine and second guess on the internet.

Trust Bo to put the best team he can on the field.

How about the NCAA record number of fumbes- were those all when NU was behind chuckleshuffle

Do we really need to rehash some early and often Ints and fumbles that took us out of games we could have been in?

BTW down by 7 points doesnt mean it's always time to panic and throw passes up for grabs, and some of those picks were right into the arms of a waiting defenders not even close plays

Just remember Abdullah was tied with TMart on fumbles lost. That means TMart isn't the only player you should be claling out.

Get back to me when Abdullah leads the NCAA in fumbles 3 years in a row chuckleshuffle

Abdullah has also played 1 more game than Martinez

By all means turnovers should be factored into why players start or dont- turnover margin is one of the main factors in deciding wins and losses

Im OK with a fumble if the guy is carrying high and tight- like Abdullah on most carries

What really bothers me is when players are careless and choose to run with the ball way away from their bodies or choose to go into contact really high, exposing the ball (like Martinez)

Colin Klein was tied with TMart in 2011...they should have benched him too I suppose with your logic.

It's also important to note that he didn't lead in "fumbles lost" during that time.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think TMart is perfect...far from it. But he's our most experienced and best quarterback option we have on the team. No amount of moaning and pissing from butthurt fans is going to change that. He's the right person for the job and is a proven commodity. The data set is incomplete on our other 2 QB's.

Not at all

When TMart wins like Klein and carries as many times get back to me

When Klein leads the nation in fumbles 3 YEARS in a row get back to me

When TM as a starter has as many wins under his belt as Klein, get back to me

When TM is a legit Heisman candidate, get back to me

Apples and oranges

Proven commodity, yep, consistently inconsistent, consistent fumbler, consistent poor decisions, poor speed option runner, consistently poor pocket presence, consistently looks lost- deer in headlights in most big games

Great kid, great competitor

The only reason we dont have more data on TM is Bo hasnt played him

Bo has a history of playing his starters to the end of games, especially at QB

Partly due to the fact we havent had many blowouts, every week is a crapshoot

• Fire 2

Get over your obsession with TM- I hear he already has a girlfriend.

And like many Im looking forward to the day when we have a legit QB playing the position, instead of an athlete everyone else in the college football world wanted as a safety, not QB

And by that logic ANYONE that disagrees with ANYTHING going on in the program that isnt changing right away needs to pack it up too? Gotcha

Would be pretty empty stadium if the Nazi thought police standard was applied to all

No dissent, no opinion counts if it's not in line with yours=Gotcha

Kiddo, Ive been attending games in the same seats since 1970

Leave the dude stuff for your Beavis and Butthead cartoon shows and 14 year old friends chuckleshuffle

Attended home and away games than you can even count to

I could care less if you want me on "your" bus or not, Ive forgotten more about the game and NU football than youve ever known

If youve ever played you KNOW that there is no way in heck he gets to 100% with turf toe- which means any decision to play him means he is less than healthy and if he plays like that, like he has of late, that means no run threat. With just the short pass threat and no run threat, this offense wont score anything near it's potential. And with the defense in shambles and the usual turnover Taylor miscues, we arent anywhere near maxing out what this team can do.

I could care less if you want me on "your" bus or not, Ive forgotten more about the game and NU football than youve ever known

This is not getting personal. If you want to talk about the person, go to the Woodshed. If you want to talk football, this is the place.

This is not getting personal. If you want to talk about the person, go to the Woodshed. If you want to talk football, this is the place.

He's not even talking football anyways.

Get over your obsession with TM- I hear he already has a girlfriend. And like many Im looking forward to the day when we have a legit QB playing the position, instead of an athlete everyone else in the college football world wanted as a safety, not QB And by that logic ANYONE that disagrees with ANYTHING going on in the program that isnt changing right away needs to pack it up too? Gotcha Would be pretty empty stadium if the Nazi thought police standard was applied to all No dissent, no opinion counts if it's not in line with yours=Gotcha

I'm of your generation, jmfb. Seen me a lot of Husker football.

But you're barking up the wrong tree, here.

It's funny that devnet uses the bus driver analogy, because that's exactly what Martinez is without his explosive running. A game manager QB. Which is scary considering his propensity to turn the ball over, and our lack of defense.

I think that's part of why people want to see a QB in there that gives the offense 1 or 2 added dimensions. In TA's case a great arm and ability to run. If he's not able to use those tools against stiffer competition, fine. But I sure hope he at least gets a shot.

• Fire 3

Ive been supporting the program much longer than you and in much more depth I guarantee it

Dissent is healthy, to say if you dont agree with XYZ you arent a fan, arent a supporter arent anything is silly

Living in a free society, you should know that

Telling me how I should think or what I should do is a bit much, I'll go my own way, have my own opinions, support how I like to support, thanks just the same

TM is not an effective QB without the abilty to run

HAving have been a real college FB player who has had turf toe in real life ( am I going to be reported for a HIPPA violation?), I can tell you with a great deal of confidence he isnt going to be the same

SInce he only throws the short pass consistently effectively, that combined with no run threat, consistent fumblitits, meltdowns, poor pocket presence and bad decision making means the offense will be far less than to potential, High risk, high reward isnt what you do when your defense is poor

Can we win a few games with this ridiculously easy schedule?

Yes

Will we end up a top 15 team? Not with TM at QB

Realistically, with this type of offense, with the talent and experience we have coming back, they were talking about AVERAGING 50 pts per game

Is that going to happen? nope

• Fire 1