Would You Be Surprised.....?

By anything this season?

6 - 7 would be dissapointing, but not entirely surprising.

11 - 3 wouldn't be that surprising, this team might actually be better than last year.

Would you be surprised if the defense got better?

Can you imagine it getting worse?

Is Bo Pelini a rallying point?

Or does he finish out the season a lame duck?

Or do people start getting fired mid-season?

Does Tommy Armstrong light a fire under Taylor Martinez, who now gets the green light to run?

Does Tommy Armstrong just take over altogether, with Taylor's lingering injury used for face saving?

Will we look back at all the posts on HuskerBoard and laugh?

Honestly, I have no predictions, nor the slightest gut feeling about what happens next, but I'm very, very curious.

• Fire 1

By anything this season?

11 - 3 wouldn't be that surprising, this team might actually be better than last year.

Does Tommy Armstrong light a fire under Taylor Martinez, who now gets the green light to run?

Does Tommy Armstrong just take over altogether, with Taylor's lingering injury used for face saving?

Honestly, I have no predictions, nor the slightest gut feeling about what happens next, but I'm very, very curious.

6-7 would be a dramatic surprise.

11-3 wouldn't be a surprise at all.

The defense getting better would not be a surprise at all. Teams usually perform better after 12-13 games experience than they do after 1-3 games experience.

No, I can't imagine it getting worse. But if it did, that wouldn't be a surprise either.

• Fire 1

I'm surprised SDSU game. Zemmer is very good but 200+ yards? Essentially 1st half. Most of the 2nd half was mysterious missing (Zemmer). Injury?

The total yards against Huskers was 470 !!!!. In FCS team? :facepalm:

However, TA and RKIII was much better passing than I thought. Surprisingly good. Before the game I was thinking about 2 or 3 picks and a few sacks. And Beck's attack was 85% rushing, 15% passing.

You noticed TMart was worried face on TV?

My prediction was NU 42 and SDSU 17 or something like that.

By anything this season?

I don't see anymore than 2 more loses in regular season.

Yes the defense will get better as the season rolls along. It will be serviceable by years end.

At this rate pretty much nothing would stun me. Looking at our schedule, every single game is winnable, but every single game is also losable. Maybe the defense turns the corner over the bye week and we cruise to 11-1. Maybe the defense gives up completely and a couple injuries and the pressure gets to our offense and makes them average, in which case a 5-7 type year is not out of the question.

I think we'll gut out 9 wins, but I'm just guessing, just like everyone else.

• Fire 1

it would really be hard to lose more than 2 more games against this schedule. It is an easy schedule. Not even sure if Michigan is very good. I think losing more than one more game would be somewhat disappointing --- not because NU is that good (they are not) but rather because those on the schedule are so mediocre.