Bo's Job Security - 2013 (Poll 2)

knapplc

Poll: Bo Pelini's job security   

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Too any variables to consider at this point of the season to make a determination IMO.

If we were to lose to Illinois, the sentiment would be greatly changed.

I honestly do not have a great feel for who we are yet! At this very moment, I think we can win any and all of our games but I also think we could lose any of them too!

I voted (Unsure)!

We were expecting slight improvement on D (purely based on talent), and slight improvement on O giving us one of the most explosive offenses in the BCS.

Some were. I expected that the defense would be worse at the beginning of the year . . . but I didn't predict this dumpster fire.

I was expecting a tough start (maybe not wyoming bad) - but expected improvement week-over-week. In fact, I expected a lot of improvement considering how young they were. That's a problem with the entire Pelini era (well, last few years), we look no better in week 10 than we do in week 1. And this D has certainly not been the exception thus far.

On the other hand, the future is looking VERY bright. That infusion of talent we talked about is obviously there. Replacing Martinez next year is looking like less of an issue. Does it make it harder to fire a coach when there is so much upside to this team...if they could just play to their potential? Or knowing that the potential exists, is it easier to fire a coach? I'd have to think candidates would look at this roster and be drooling.

I will certainly agree that the future, on a pure talent level, looks incredibly bright.

on a pure talent level it does not look incredibly bright. It does, however, look pretty good to quite good. Doubtless, the emerging talent at OSU and Michigan exceed the emerging talent at NU. The talent that is emerging at Wisconsin, PSU and MSU --- that is less certain... but NU should have an emerging talent base equal to or modestly exceeding that of these programs. All is, of course, pure speculation... and yes, the NU talent base does look good... but is by no means, incredibly bright.

NU's talent level now exceeds the production of that talent on the field. That is the issue... can NU play up to its talent level? Thus far, the answer is no. In the future... that remains to be seen.

I will certainly agree that the future, on a pure talent level, looks incredibly bright.

on a pure talent level it does not look incredibly bright. It does, however, look pretty good to quite good. Doubtless, the emerging talent at OSU and Michigan exceed the emerging talent at NU. The talent that is emerging at Wisconsin, PSU and MSU --- that is less certain... but NU should have an emerging talent base equal to or modestly exceeding that of these programs. All is, of course, pure speculation... and yes, the NU talent base does look good... but is by no means, incredibly bright.

NU's talent level now exceeds the production of that talent on the field. That is the issue... can NU play up to its talent level? Thus far, the answer is no. In the future... that remains to be seen.

I haven't seen Michigan or Ohio State's recent talent so I have really no idea. Michigan is playing some young defenders I think, but they're also struggling. Ohio State is a more senior team so their youngsters are still on the scout team I believe.

So, other than recruiting rankings...we don't know if Michigan/Ohio States talent exceeds ours. At least not by any massive "Alabama-ish" type of gap. We do know our's is quality, because we're seeing it on the field.

He's very unlikely to get fired. Eichorst was not brought in this year to be a hatchet man. The better question is will Bo be here next year? I'm guessing he will be, but boosters and such have a way of getting things done their way.

The performance of the football team is outside the control of Eichorst and Perlman. If he loses 7 games, do you still say he won't get fired because it's Eichorst's first year? To me, the two are not in any way related.

He's very unlikely to get fired. Eichorst was not brought in this year to be a hatchet man. The better question is will Bo be here next year? I'm guessing he will be, but boosters and such have a way of getting things done their way.

The performance of the football team is outside the control of Eichorst and Perlman. If he loses 7 games, do you still say he won't get fired because it's Eichorst's first year? To me, the two are not in any way related.

With the weak sauce schedule we have, it will almost be impossible to lose 7 games. If the team starts playing this horribly bad, Bo will be fired or quit long before given the opportunity to lose 7. This isn't 2007. We aren't playing the 12th toughest schedule in D1. If we lose more than 2 more games this year excluding the bowl game, it will be a disappointing season.

Too any variables to consider at this point of the season to make a determination IMO.

If we were to lose to Illinois, the sentiment would be greatly changed.

I honestly do not have a great feel for who we are yet! At this very moment, I think we can win any and all of our games but I also think we could lose any of them too!

I voted (Unsure)!

This. The problem is we will be deep into our season (more than likely) before we know. On paper the next three games should be a cake walk, just getting the W is enough for the low information fan. Although dropping any one of those, and alarm bells will be sounding.

This is tough to call right now. There are way too many factors here...

1) Does the defense improve and how much of an improvement is necessary

2) Do we get embarrased (scoreboard) again

3) Do we play flat more often than not

4) Does a qb controversy come in to play (Is taylor healthy, does he play well)

5) Does any other crap come out about Bo (I highly doubt it)

6) How weak is our schedule exactly

7) Can we make the CCG

8) Does Bo make coaching changes

Right now I vote he's safe but this changed from unsure due to the margin of victory saturday, the offenses ability to move the ball with qb2 and qb3 leading to more confidence in the offense, the defense started to play better and Bo has eluded to personally taking over the defense leading to hope...

If we lose 5 or more, Eichorst would have to fire him, I feel.

I honestly think that is possible.

Northwestern will likely drub us.

Michigan is going to be tough

Michigan State's defense will stop us and our D will make their offense look like the 85 Bears

Judging by our recent history we will drop 1-2 along the way that we shouldnt.

I voted somewhat likely - if that also includes that he walks after reading the hand writing on the wall. If he gets blown out one or 2 more times and or he looses 5 games, or we lose 4 games but do not participate in the CCG - the hand will start marking up that wall. Like many others, I was thinking about 'unsure' but the more I see the issues on the field I have lost that preseason expectation of a 1 or 2 L season. Depending on how we show up - I think ever game on the schedule could remain a challenge - even if we are favored. If an opposing team remains in the game until the 4th quarter with a chance of beating us - anything can happen. I think we will have close wins and either NW or Mich could potentially give us another blowout.