LB Devante Bond [Oklahoma Commit]

Thanks_Tom RR

Got to say, there was some good strategic recruiting going in Lincoln this weekend. Like Walton being chaperoned by his long-time friend Cethan Carter, Bond spent his time with Randy Gregory. Even though these two had not met previously, it seemed like a great fit because of their similar situations. Both are/were JUCO defensive players looking to make that transition into D1. Huskers seem to say to Bond, "Hey, see how we gave RG44 an early shot and the success he has had in how we are using him? That could be you"! Add one of the most exciting finishes to a game in Lincoln under Pelini, and I think the staff did everything they could to sell to Bond. It is now for Bond to decide between Oklahoma and Nebraska. Would be great to see him :bigredn:

Made up a lot of ground on OU here. This is going to be a big time battle between OU and NU these next couple weeks.

Would be nice if Baylor whacked OU on Thursday night. I don't think it'll happen though.

We have beaten OU in the past for a good amount of recruits. This is a guy that we are both on a pretty level playing field for in the sense that they don't have the location advantage and neither do we. This one right here, is one we have to win. He adds another pass rusher to our LB/DE arsenal and I can see him in a Terrell Suggs type role for us. Have to win this one have to win this one have to win this one.

Made up a lot of ground on OU here. This is going to be a big time battle between OU and NU these next couple weeks.

Would be nice if Baylor whacked OU on Thursday night. I don't think it'll happen though.

We have beaten OU in the past for a good amount of recruits. This is a guy that we are both on a pretty level playing field for in the sense that they don't have the location advantage and neither do we. This one right here, is one we have to win. He adds another pass rusher to our LB/DE arsenal and I can see him in a Terrell Suggs type role for us. Have to win this one have to win this one have to win this one.

So you think we have to win this one? haha just messing with ya. I agree, this would be a HUGE snag. Is he a Dec grad?

This is a type of guy you go all in on. He is really just an absolute must get. Literally, I think you may almost have to promise him a starting spot.

In order to get the big time recruits we need, there may be times in the future we have to promise kids starting spots. I know, sounds crazy, but you could pull some big time studs that way.

I'm saying like only 1-2 guys a year you do this for and you will have watched enough tape and talked to them enough before you do it. If a good kid, good grades, stud athlete, you just might have to do it.

Hell, if he doesn't turn out like you thought, you start him, and pull him the second play. Still living up to your commitment to him. :)

This is a type of guy you go all in on. He is really just an absolute must get. Literally, I think you may almost have to promise him a starting spot.

In order to get the big time recruits we need, there may be times in the future we have to promise kids starting spots. I know, sounds crazy, but you could pull some big time studs that way.

I'm saying like only 1-2 guys a year you do this for and you will have watched enough tape and talked to them enough before you do it. If a good kid, good grades, stud athlete, you just might have to do it.

Hell, if he doesn't turn out like you thought, you start him, and pull him the second play. Still living up to your commitment to him. :)

This could be a strategy that works. Heck, Bo was willing to tell Abu Lamin he could be a top 10 pick. If Bo is willing to say that to one guy in a recruiting class, he should have no qualms telling 1-2 guys they are going to start. ^_^

This could be a strategy that works. Heck, Bo was willing to tell Abu Lamin he could be a top 10 pick. If Bo is willing to say that to one guy in a recruiting class, he should have no qualms telling 1-2 guys they are going to start. ^_^

Telling Lamin that he would be a Top 10 pick probably isn't that big of a stretch. Telling someone they are going to start has much broader implications.

Claims we may be "transitioning" next year and want him to play opposite Gregory with both of them dropping into coverage as well as rushing the passer. More rumors of a switch to a 3-4...

Does this mean we are looking at moving Moss to DT? Noticed they had him line up over center a few times.