Student section

Apathy

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that it's close to midterms. I can't speak for everyone at UNL, but I have two midterm tests next week. That very well could have been part of it too.

You're right, most college students are probably studying at 11am on Saturday mornings.

It goes both ways. For students to get excited about the team again, the team needs to put a better product on the field and win something of significance.

But as of right now, the students at UNL taking those seats for granted and just not showing up is a joke. They either need to show up and fill those seats to the top row, or their seats should be cut by a thousand. I'm in the camp that thinks that the empty seats is embarrassing. It should not happen.

If you sell those seats to people who don't make noise or get the stadium rocking, then they are just as good empty. Money isn't everything. I honestly think the 11am start had the most to do with it. Games really shouldn't start until 1pm in the Midwest.

At least they would be full. It's an eyesore to have that huge empty space at the top of South stadium.

Disappointed and pathetic to see that many empty seats on homecoming and the first game of conference play.

We should award scholarships for students to show up to watch the game. Why not? We give scholarships to students to show up and play the game.

If Matt Davidson wants four and five star student fans, then he can sponsor the first row of scholarships. Other than that, no one attending NU should feel OBLIGATED to show up when they don't want to show up.

They filled up eventually correct?

Nope.

At least they would be full. It's an eyesore to have that huge empty space at the top of South stadium.

If they weren't jammed 90 rows up in the farthest corner of the stadium I bet more students would be inclined to actually go to games.

• Fire 1

If they weren't jammed 90 rows up in the farthest corner of the stadium I bet more students would be inclined to actually go to games.

Exactly the problem:

Entitlement.

Just stop.

One thing I havent seen mentioned yet is how difficult it is now to sell a student ticket as compared to the way it used to be when you could just validate. Isnt it done online now or something? Someone confirm that this may have an effect as well?

Yes and it has to be done before Saturday. That's why many people who have a ticket and decide not to go last second just have to eat their ticket. I know a few people who bought them but just don't go

Exactly the problem:

Entitlement.

Just stop.

1380845_446282908821911_152947457_n.jpg

Exactly the problem:

Entitlement.

Just stop.

1380845_446282908821911_152947457_n.jpg

I don't even know why you quoted me. That picture is at the beginning of the 4th quarter when 75% of the non student sections were gone as well and the vast majority of club seats on the east were empty. If you went you know it was pretty chilly at that time and the wind was directed at those sections the entire game.